Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Volvo ME7 open source flash / read / logging tool  (Read 6297 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 10:22:44 AM »

Open source requires not only an actual open source licensing policy, but also

* permission from each author
* some sort of provable clean room assurance
* a bunch of other stuff i shouldn't have to even write out

This project is not remotely any of the above

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rlinewiz

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2022, 11:11:53 AM »

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/nefarious

2005 S60R M66-Swapped // Self-tuned @ 22psi
[[forever coding for the OpenMoose project]]
d3irb

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2022, 12:10:15 PM »

I dont know volvos but am I missing something obvious here but doesn't MPPS have volvo me7 support for one ? In 'certain' places it costs a fraction of a DICE cable or even a plain old cable that works with this costs around the same , sooo like what exactly is the issue with the Volvo platform or worst case scenario bdm.

I don't really get it either. When it comes to just "I need to flash a Volvo," it's supported in most if not all of the usual crappy clone tools that people use to flash MED9 and MED17 all the time.

And when it comes to open source I almost feel that it would be easier to just write a flasher from scratch than to faff around with decompiling other people's "protections" - it's not like there is some complex exploit here or something particularly interesting, it's just a weird CAN protocol called "Volcano" with a few simple commands. It doesn't even look like most of these people even wrote their own SBL, they mostly just seem to have dumped the OEM one I think?

The protocol is even documented in an academic paper published by Robert Hilton himself (which also isn't that interesting, it's just a CAN dump of the factory tool), https://hiltontuning.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/VolcanoResearchPaperWeb.pdf .
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2022, 12:25:39 PM »

If this site intends to survive it can't do blatantly stupid things, nor put up or encourage blatantly stupid behavior.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Geomeo

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2022, 12:29:03 PM »

Who in their right mind would want to drive a Volvo anyway?  It's a hairdressers car!!  Drive a real MANS car!  If I want to get a perm then sure I'd drive a Volvo, but until then no way to your Shampoo holder.....

The big question here is.  Is there any chance this website would be shut down for hosting this fiasco?  Because if there is then might want to pull the software off.  I like this website.  Not only is it informative, but the whole theme of "if you are lazy and stupid we are not going to hold anything back" is well worth while!
dikidera

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2022, 12:42:13 PM »

I don't really get it either. When it comes to just "I need to flash a Volvo," it's supported in most if not all of the usual crappy clone tools that people use to flash MED9 and MED17 all the time.

And when it comes to open source I almost feel that it would be easier to just write a flasher from scratch than to faff around with decompiling other people's "protections" - it's not like there is some complex exploit here or something particularly interesting, it's just a weird CAN protocol called "Volcano" with a few simple commands. It doesn't even look like most of these people even wrote their own SBL, they mostly just seem to have dumped the OEM one I think?

The protocol is even documented in an academic paper published by Robert Hilton himself (which also isn't that interesting, it's just a CAN dump of the factory tool), https://hiltontuning.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/VolcanoResearchPaperWeb.pdf .

Ouch this stung a little. Sometimes it's fun to play with protections for no financial gain at all.
s60rawr

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2022, 03:16:25 PM »

This project has been ripped off from Robert Hilton not Dream3r. The author has been very clear about his intentions in the Volvo me7 forum.

A lawyer is already in the process of writing a case against all involved.

hit up your boi Steven Phillips then...

I'm just a fucking highschool kid that just wanted a look from the inside out.

seen how corrupt it was and shook the tree...
tried to anyway.

there's nothing protecting this from leaks and or changes.

There is a free flash suite in progres
OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 M66 S60R 4T5 /w Shims FID 1100cc RS4 Maf 75mm Hybrid 1.9 Bar

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
SparkyR

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2022, 04:04:52 PM »

Congratulations you know who had helped build my tools.  Again my tool doesn’t resemble you or vollmers claims. I didn’t know New Jersey holds high school into your early 30s.

I have zero case against you or desire to. Just relaying information Alex.

There’s methods to change the world… but announcing your approach everywhere isn’t the right way.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 04:24:36 PM by SparkyR » Logged

2005 S60R m66, Xona Rotor 7864, turbosmart 45mm wastegate, id1700cc injectors
s60rawr

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2022, 05:06:04 PM »

Congratulations you know who had helped build my tools.  Again my tool doesn’t resemble you or vollmers claims. I didn’t know New Jersey holds high school into your early 30s.

I have zero case against you or desire to. Just relaying information Alex.

There’s methods to change the world… but announcing your approach everywhere isn’t the right way.

that's my friend I see at local meets.
we just talk cars
I don't have a personal FB
he just copy pasted what I sent him.
I just received the code from someone that saw my struggle and gave me a bone.
I just know enough from my VB class to move things around and compile it.
I never wanted bad blood either
but it is what it is

OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
prj

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2022, 05:30:27 PM »

I'm just a fucking highschool kid that just wanted a look from the inside out.
Tbh you might learn a pretty expensive lesson soon.
And that "oh i'm just a kid" and "oh but they're doing this or that" shit isn't gonna fly.

Maybe you'll learn to take some responsibility for your actions after that like an adult.
Best case it'll get DMCA'd worst case you'll get sued.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
SparkyR

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2022, 05:49:49 PM »

I know that was a lie Alex. I’ve put ends together when you and vollmer tried to mock my messages to you. Everything leads to you. Your turbo, your bio, pictures you’ve posted, and files you’ve added here blatantly explains the person behind this. You don’t have to lie to yourself
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 06:38:29 PM by SparkyR » Logged

2005 S60R m66, Xona Rotor 7864, turbosmart 45mm wastegate, id1700cc injectors
s60rawr

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2022, 03:50:24 AM »

Tbh you might learn a pretty expensive lesson soon.
And that "oh i'm just a kid" and "oh but they're doing this or that" shit isn't gonna fly.

Maybe you'll learn to take some responsibility for your actions after that like an adult.
Best case it'll get DMCA'd worst case you'll get sued.

i have taken down all links and asked an admin to remove the attachments from all the posts if possible ( can we not do that? never seen an option )
I sent a few emails out. so we'll see

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: