Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best Standalone for Audi VW  (Read 5285 times)
vtraudt

« on: November 13, 2022, 05:09:19 AM »

Maybe the wrong audience to ask, but maybe not:

I want to go standalone. On the near term list are B6 A4, TT225 inline 5 conversion, C5 RS6 manual and big turbo conversion, golf Mk4 big turbo, TT225 big turbo (All Me7 cars). But likely newer (2.0T, 3.0T, 4.0T) cars/ECU. I want learn ONE system and stick to it (rather then have multiple learning curves).

Haldex (friend has been using them for decades) and Ignitron (mainly because my TT track buddies swear on it) are current candidates.

Suggestions? Advantages? Limitations! Cost?

Please comment, chime in, link, etc.

2002 Allroad 2.7T 6spd stage 2
1998 A4 1.8T 5spd stage 3
1996 A4 2.8 auto stock
prj

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 12:10:15 PM »

Ask what your tuner wants to use and is comfortable with.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 02:56:18 PM »

Looks like he wants to learn one.

I hope you know that no standalone will match OEM in integratedness and comfort etc. All the cars you mentioned can be tuned properly on stock ecus. The MPI ecus are one thing and MED is another but its not like going to Andromeda, it will be familiar in certain aspects.

Ignitron is ME7 replacement ecu, so you wont be able to carry that over to DI and newer stuff.

I'd prolly vote for Ecumaster Black, they are a decent company and a top product.
prj

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 03:26:54 PM »

Newer shit does not even have viable standalone options, because it's too integrated.

For example 4.0TT - half of the car won't work.
I mean if you want to swap the engine into a race chassis, sure.

But the time when you could fit in a random controller and have everything in the car ended in the early 2000s.

There are high-end products like Motec and Syvecs, but tuning those from scratch is a nightmare, and it will never ever drive as good as the OEM ECU.
Because you are throwing away the thousands of hours of factory calibration that went into it.

So yeah, what he's searching for doesn't exist.

The RS6 is going to lose traction control...
I've done a few manual RS6-s, everything worked on them. I still think it's cheaper to let someone tune it properly than faffing around with the whole standalone install.
And ME7.5 is super easy. Especially with an emulator and when you know what you're doing it's really straightforward.

Only time I would fit a standalone ECU on any of these is if I am swapping the engine to race chassis or building a pure race car.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
BlackT

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 06:04:01 PM »

With right knowlage(ASM) and emulator(300€) ME7.5 can beat any standalone ECU.

Bosch motosport have same hardware as ME7 ECU, and I think bosch ms4 is some of best standalone ECUs in that time
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 12:36:19 AM »

I converted a subaru to me7 cuz why not
cam sensor setup
https://youtube.com/shorts/Jy8ezbFvLBw?feature=share

gtx3582 delta cams piston rod combo first start on LP (propane)
https://youtube.com/shorts/eRCn7hU0wuY?feature=share
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 12:51:32 AM by _nameless » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Geomeo

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 01:36:45 PM »

Wow that's awesome!  A lot of wiring involved??  What sort of hp are you looking to get out of it?  Did you have to fit an Audi/VW cluster?
royce5950

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 06:11:04 AM »

MS4 Sport is cool but its awfully dated at this point https://www.bosch-motorsport.com/media/downloads/ecu_ms_4_sport_en.pdf
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 05:00:37 PM by royce5950 » Logged

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
Breacking

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2023, 11:20:47 PM »

Looks like he wants to learn one.

I hope you know that no standalone will match OEM in integratedness and comfort etc. All the cars you mentioned can be tuned properly on stock ecus. The MPI ecus are one thing and MED is another but its not like going to Andromeda, it will be familiar in certain aspects.

Ignitron is ME7 replacement ecu, so you wont be able to carry that over to DI and newer stuff.

I'd prolly vote for Ecumaster Black, they are a decent company and a top product.

Heard a lot of good things about the Ecumaster Black. I myself plan to purchase Ecumaster Black. Machine S3 8L me7.5+DSG stroker 2.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: