Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: 8T0907560AD MED9.1.1 NA to FI  (Read 9124 times)
lgtmelo

« on: November 14, 2022, 04:43:19 PM »

hi, has anyone ever done this? car is a 2011 4.2 S5. most stuff i found here was about vr6.

im used to standalone but for cars with basically no electronics.

in this case I need the OEM ecu because of the direct injectors, which i find is not a bad thing, as it is a street car.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 04:47:30 PM by lgtmelo » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 05:51:01 PM »

Garbage motor, generally not worth modding.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
lgtmelo

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 06:39:56 PM »

Garbage motor, generally not worth modding.

Sad

why?
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 03:03:26 AM »

has anyone ever done this?
That all depends on how deep your pockets are. If your willing to spend $800+ usd then sure. If not then crickets.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
lgtmelo

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 08:11:10 AM »

That all depends on how deep your pockets are. If your willing to spend $800+ usd then sure. If not then crickets.

assume im willing to spend it. whats the approach?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 09:10:16 AM »

2.7t swap Tongue

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
lgtmelo

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2022, 11:41:35 AM »

2.7t swap Tongue

rephrasing: i would like to have a CAUA v8 4.2 audi engine tuned for 2 turbos in my 2011 S5. what best approach would you recommend? Cheesy
prj

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 12:23:41 PM »

Sell the car, buy one with 3.0T, you will get 450+ hp very easily.
If you like a V8, sell the car, buy an S6 or S7.

There is zero reason to do anything with this engine.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2022, 12:35:16 PM »

Sell the car, buy one with 3.0T, you will get 450+ hp very easily.
If you like a V8, sell the car, buy an S6 or S7.

There is zero reason to do anything with this engine.

becauseā€¦?
prj

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2022, 12:51:22 PM »

becauseā€¦?
Because it's financially absurd. Instead of being 15k into this, you could have sold it and be driving an S7, and with a little help easily made 800hp.
I doubt the DI system has any significant room to support FI in the first place.

Or if you like the body a lot, swap a 4.0TT into it. It has been done before, granted the electronics were a nightmare, but they got it running.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 12:53:13 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2022, 01:36:46 PM »

i'd like to go on with the 4.2 CAUA and the S5, can someone give me a hand instead of other car suggestions? please don't read this in a rude tone, i'm just really willing to go forward with it.

i know prj and nyet from all the stuff i read in this forum the past 2 weeks and i appreciate having you both answer this thread. i'm certain something positive will come from this Smiley

i have 2 possible approaches:

-oem ecu + standalone controlling timing, throttle body and secondary injectors: however, i have absolutely no idea how the car will behave - i.e. limp mode? - when boost comes into play.
-oem ecu only

objectively: is it about KFMIRL and KFMIOP? there is no LDRXN, KFLDHBN, KFDLULS or DSLOFS. can I work clamping the MAF or is it just stupid? should I add a MAP?

would like some directions, because most material ive read here is regarding me7 - which i know shares some basis, so I went ahead and began a mappack from the ori, using a similar a2l (just finding the offsets basicaly). but where will the boost info go? can i surpass 100% load in its med9.1.1 or is it hardcoded?

the idea is to keep it as functional as possible regarding the oem stuff (acc, etc). a street car.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 01:40:13 PM by lgtmelo » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2022, 01:46:49 PM »

i'd like to go on with the 4.2 CAUA and the S5, can someone give me a hand instead of other car suggestions? please don't read this in a rude tone, i'm just really willing to go forward with it.

i know prj and nyet from all the stuff i read in this forum the past 2 weeks and i appreciate having you both answer this thread. i'm certain something positive will come from this Smiley

i have 2 possible approaches:

-oem ecu + standalone controlling timing, throttle body and secondary injectors: however, i have absolutely no idea how the car will behave - i.e. limp mode? - when boost comes into play.
-oem ecu only

objectively: is it about KFMIRL and KFMIOP? there is no LDRXN, KFLDHBN, KFDLULS or DSLOFS. can I work clamping the MAF or is it just stupid? should I add a MAP?

would like some directions, because most material ive read here is regarding me7 - which i know shares some basis, so I went ahead and began a mappack from the ori, using a similar a2l (just finding the offsets basicaly). but where will the boost info go? can i surpass 100% load in its med9.1.1 or is it hardcoded?

the idea is to keep it as functional as possible regarding the oem stuff (acc, etc). a street car.

No its not only about IRL and IOP and load and stuff, because if it is anything like ME7(it mostly is) first of all probably load will be hardcapped at 100% no matter what you put in IRL, so dissasembly will be required to find the hardcap.
Second your only real way to go forward is adding boost control like c167 boost pid if you ever want something thats driveable.
lgtmelo

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2022, 02:11:11 PM »

No its not only about IRL and IOP and load and stuff, because if it is anything like ME7(it mostly is) first of all probably load will be hardcapped at 100% no matter what you put in IRL, so dissasembly will be required to find the hardcap.
Second your only real way to go forward is adding boost control like c167 boost pid if you ever want something thats driveable.

so in simpler words, its not about going into winols and editing stuff. stuff have to actually be added to the bin so that it can be, then, "mapeable"?
prj

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2022, 02:13:59 PM »

Yes, and a full flash on dual ECU car takes ~30 minutes unless you have custom flash tools with custom protocols on top a firmware patch. Or you need INCA and ETK ecu's.
Actually I wouldn't even attempt this if I didn't have the latter.

If you have to ask about these things you will never ever succeed. Just take my word for it.
Sell the car, buy 4.0TT.
Or if you're super masochist, swap a 4.0TT into your chassis (which is also an insane amount of work, and not worth it, but you could at least possibly complete it).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 02:15:57 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2022, 02:15:29 PM »

Yes, and a full flash on dual ECU car takes ~30 minutes unless you have custom flash tools with custom protocols or INCA and ETK ecu's.
Actually I wouldn't even attempt this if I didn't have the latter.

If you have to ask about these things you will never ever succeed. Just take my word for it.
Sell the car, buy 4.0TT.
Or if you're super masochist, swap a 4.0TT into your chassis (which is also an insane amount of work, and not worth it, but you could at least possibly complete it).

the S5 has one ecu and one TB. the rs5 is the one you're thinking of i assume.

i am a masoquist. Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: