Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clone/bootmode ME7.5  (Read 2045 times)
JeanAwt

« on: November 15, 2022, 05:42:56 AM »

need to understand...the bootmode is only useful when the ECU is bricked? I don't need it for clone ME7.5? Huh Undecided

A4 B5 avant 1.8T 2000 NO QUATTRO
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 05:57:44 AM »

Fucking read the forum. There's an entire section dedicated to this topic. Stop spamming the forum with your worthless lazy posts 

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
JeanAwt

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 07:25:58 AM »

yes there are dedicated sections, that's why I ask my noob questions in the NOOB section. there's no point in reading pages if you don't understand the basics. especially since there is a lot of learn on this forum. the question is why send people to shit in a beginners section? might as well reserve the forum for professionals...

JeanAwt

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 07:32:51 AM »

I'm not making anything up

Noob Questions
Are you a noob? Ask your question here! There are no dumb questions, just bad answers!
Moderator: turboat

Blazius

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 12:07:26 PM »

Do you realise how annoying it gets for the long standing members of this forum when this is all they basically see for years and years now.

Have you checked what is the retention rate of noobs like you or others? Its pretty damn low from my experience, most are looking for free handouts etc then disappear which is a trait of many other tuning forums.
There is almost 0 effort put in into the deeper topics that you maybe wont learn from the noob section and s4 wiki( tbf it does do quite a good job) and even then there is still the FR. How many posts have you seen with maybe a noob question which contains a pic or some text from FR maybe asking help to understand it or etc. you know..

What most people dont realise is how spoilt you are with this forum but specially ME7 related stuff on here. Look up some other cars or other ecu on the other tuning forums and see if you can even get close to the level here even if talking about EDC15/16 or other main shit, hell most are broken english posts asking for free files.

No, bootmode is not only useful for recovering bricked ecu's. Its bootmode what you do with it depends on you, now you see whats the issue with this "question/thread"?
prj

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 12:15:42 PM »

Just because it's called "Noob section" does not mean that there are free teachers here for you.
You are asking not about things you are confused about, you are doing it because you are lazy.

If you lack basic ability to read and learn on your own, then just forget it now. You are never going to get anywhere.
You haven't posted a single log of doing anything, you've actually not done anything.

All you do is spam and ask things that are answered by reading.
Again, if you can't read, this isn't for you. You're not a "computer scientist" if you know how to use cmdline, you're not an "electrical engineer" if you know how to connect 1 wire.
If you're not willing to put in the effort, just stop, because it's only going to get harder from here.

And if you piss everyone off by spamming, then nobody is going to help you when you actually will have a legit question that might be difficult to solve.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
JeanAwt

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2022, 01:07:43 PM »

I understand that it must piss off long-time members to see noob take information and leave. especially if it's to make a business out of it. I also imagine the time it took to develop this ME7 software. I'm a hobby and I'm not here to be pissed off with every question I ask, that's for sure...for you, it's easy. And yes, I can read, but he has a lot of things to remember .question badly worded. I don't understand why some people use bootmode when you can read the eprom by obd? once again excuse my mental retardation

I don't even know where to post my questions so as not to bother!

so simple question:

is it possible to learn on this forum, to have help and not reproaches to clone an ecu me7.5 because I want to have fun with an ecu to run my old a4 b5 to E85.

and no I haven't made a log yet! because I doubt that the logs of my 22-year-old a4 b5 stock are of interest to anyone here? I'm waiting for my spare ecu to mount injectors and pump

(prj, I'll be lazy to learn I'll go to a pro to pay 700 euros to ride on beets or I'll buy a diesel...)

adam-

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 01:11:40 PM »

Galletto, build boot harness, do it on the bench, ground pin 24 for 3 seconds, write/read eeprom or flash.  ME7EEPROM for EEP, Galletto for flash.
JeanAwt

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2022, 01:32:02 PM »

thank you Adam, yes I saw how to do it. but it worked for me with obd and me7_95040.
I just wanted to understand why I was able to read without boot mode and if I will need it to do my cloning. But apparently I don't like to learn from what was written above.

JeanAwt

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2022, 02:10:37 PM »

Just because it's called "Noob section" does not mean that there are free teachers here for you.
You are asking not about things you are confused about, you are doing it because you are lazy.

If you lack basic ability to read and learn on your own, then just forget it now. You are never going to get anywhere.
You haven't posted a single log of doing anything, you've actually not done anything.

All you do is spam and ask things that are answered by reading.
Again, if you can't read, this isn't for you. You're not a "computer scientist" if you know how to use cmdline, you're not an "electrical engineer" if you know how to connect 1 wire.
If you're not willing to put in the effort, just stop, because it's only going to get harder from here.

And if you piss everyone off by spamming, then nobody is going to help you when you actually will have a legit question that might be difficult to solve.

I've read posts and questions worse than me. Afterwards I'm not going to learn the wiki or ME7.5 by heart either to do my little project which must seem shitty to you. My questions simply don't interest you because they're too easy for you.understand my place too.it's just a hobby.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:42:34 AM by JeanAwt » Logged

adam-

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 09:08:54 AM »

You can read in OBD, but you cannot write.  You're faster just type one command in CMD and flipping R or W for read or write than typing out the read in OBD and swapping over to write over bootmode.
R32Dude

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2022, 05:17:38 PM »

For 7.1.1 , use I use bootmode for 3 minute read or write of flash. I've never used OBD as it takes 15 to 30 minutes.Also used it for cloning.
_nameless

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2022, 08:41:10 PM »

If you cross flash usdm files you can delete the immo without touching the eeprom usa didnt have immo until 2002 in the b chassis

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
JeanAwt

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2022, 12:25:31 PM »

thank you for your answers. i will post my eprom readings if it can be useful._namless yes i had thought of the immo off for my backup ecu because if i read the adaptation by vcds correctly asks dealer number.. .date.moreover the ME7_95040 tool works perfectly for this . sorry for the beginning of the post. as a noob it's true that we want to know everything right away. knowledge is power ok but spat on people we don't know ...it's not cool

_nameless

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2022, 07:16:59 PM »

thank you for your answers. i will post my eprom readings if it can be useful._namless yes i had thought of the immo off for my backup ecu because if i read the adaptation by vcds correctly asks dealer number.. .date.moreover the ME7_95040 tool works perfectly for this . sorry for the beginning of the post. as a noob it's true that we want to know everything right away. knowledge is power ok but spat on people we don't know ...it's not cool
When you ask senseless questions that have been answered several times on the forum what do you expect? Dont be lazy!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: