Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ME 7.1.1 IMMO off, I'm at my wits end!  (Read 3943 times)
V8boxster

« on: November 17, 2022, 07:52:27 PM »

Hi everybody, I hope someone can help me. 

For the past several months I have been trying several ways to turn the IMMo off on my S4 8E0 910 560 ECU.  With no success.  The best I can seem to do is have the IMMO status set at "0" on VCDS adaptation channel.  My car will still shut off after a brief start.  I believe I need the IMMO status to be "1" on this adaptation channel.

Note, I have given up trying to do this with a bench harness, and have elected to desolder the EEprom and read it using a chip burner.  I can now easily read the EEprom and burn a file back to it seems to work as well Smiley took me months to get to this point.

Now that I can read and write to be desoldered chip, Here's what I really need help with:
1) Turn the IMMO off in the attached BIN file (this is my original dump read from chip burner)
2) Confirm checksums are correct after IMMO is coded "off"
3) Confirm what else needs to be done in order to defeat the IMMO, I have heard that the ECU Flash file also needs to be tweaked to show the IMMO is off?

This is frustrating me and I appreciate all help., note that the engine is not installed in an Audi, I have it installed in my Porsche Boxster, its the S4 4.2l.

V8Boxster

_nameless

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 12:01:56 AM »

The read is corrupt. partial read and a row off starting address

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
V8boxster

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 12:21:04 PM »

The read is corrupt. partial read and a row off starting address

Darn, ok, I will try another dump again this evenning and post it.
V8boxster

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 12:42:32 PM »

Hi nameless,  how does this dump look?  It's from a second ECU I have.  Are you able to sett IMMO to off for me?  Again, I appreciate your help.
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 05:50:03 PM »

Bad read.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
V8boxster

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 06:22:07 PM »

oh man....I am ready to give up LOL.  I may take a shot at downloading a immo off bin from this site, write it to my chip, and see what happens.
mdz

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 07:11:33 PM »

You're reading it wrong and obviously will write it back wrong. Second attempt is twice the size and off by one byte so if you're using chip burner either you've chosen wrong chip from the list or burner/its software is crap.
Attached file might work if you write it back correctly  Roll Eyes
Blazius

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 08:14:08 PM »

So like any reason you gave up with OBD/bootmode read? Why?
V8boxster

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2022, 03:26:14 PM »

So like any reason you gave up with OBD/bootmode read? Why?
[/quote

Yeh like I couldn't get it to work (I could not get this ecu into boot mode, nor could get comm ports to work on my computer, kept getting read errors, I could go on), after reading this board for advise on all these issues, it was stated somewhere that the best way to flash the eeprom on these ST10 boards is to remove it and burn it with a chip burner, so that's what I did.  I invested in a hot air solder gun and it was a pretty painless operation (or at least I thought, lol).

Attached is the latest BIN I tried to diable the IMMO.  It only changes VCDS channel 91 adaptations to "0 - not matched", not "1 - disabled", any ideas on this?Huh  I am thinking it is looking for a key and a cluster code (wich I will never have as this is an engine swap into a boxster.  Is there a way to make this work or am I chasing my tail?  Maybe its time to look at a a stand alone ECU, but I want to exhaust all OEM Ecu options first.

Boy, Audi sure has these things locked down.

V8boxster

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2022, 03:27:31 PM »

You're reading it wrong and obviously will write it back wrong. Second attempt is twice the size and off by one byte so if you're using chip burner either you've chosen wrong chip from the list or burner/its software is crap.
Attached file might work if you write it back correctly  Roll Eyes

Thanks MDZ, I'll give it a shot
V8boxster

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2022, 12:08:24 PM »

Thanks MDZ, I'll give it a shot

MDZ, I burnt it onto my chip and checked it against your file before soldering it back on.  The burn was good, but still immobilizer status shows as "0" on VCDS adaptation channel 91.  Do you think the VIN not being on the EEprom BIN would cause this?
V8boxster

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2022, 12:31:58 PM »

Another question I have is...  is it possible to defeat the IMMO by just changing EEPROM contents, or will a person have to edit something in the Flash as well?
mdz

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2022, 03:44:13 PM »

Actually I never paid any attention on what VCDS shows after disabling immo on ME7 ecus as I never had any issues, worked every time. The file I posted is your second read correctly sized, content shifted by one byte by adding 30 at the beginning and immobiliser disabled. Eepromtool also shows everything is fine with it.
Have you actually tried starting the car with it?
V8boxster

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2022, 06:48:02 PM »

MDZ, I just plugged it into the car tonight and no change, it just starts for a second, then stops.  I know I'm running oit of favors, but do you have any other ideas?
_nameless

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2022, 09:03:31 PM »

Your programmer is not reading / writing the eeprom correctly, that is blatantly obvious by the previous bad reads that where posted. If you are located in the usa Pm me and I can set you up with a working eeprom for free, just pay shipping.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: