Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I'm at loss with my stock 1.8T 180HP, help me find the reason  (Read 5496 times)
sidicer

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2024, 02:09:44 AM »

When you get any code for the primary 02 sensor it will disable closed loop lambda and only run open loop. Engine loom diagram attached

Thank you for such a quick reply and for providing the diagram.
From what I've gathered:
Code:
1. GRN          - ECU Pin 70
2. BLK           - ECU Pin 71
3. BLU/RED  - BLU/YEL - Fuse 43(A)
4. WHT          - ECU Pin 5
5. GRY/WHT - ECU Pin 51
6. GRY/RED  - ECU Pin 52
Technically the ground would be the downpipe grounding to head to battery?

So my main two interest points would be to either check if my grounds are good and not lose
And PIN 3 Fuse connection (43A)?

I've read online that bad fuel pump relay or some random fuel related loom issues cause o2 errors, especially the "heater performance low" but looking at the diagram I see no way of this being true right?

Can an exhaust leak before O2 sensor trip "Circuit Malfunction" code?

Happy New Year
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 06:41:32 AM by sidicer » Logged

https://github.com/sidicer | A3 8L 1.8T 180HP Quattro
sidicer

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2024, 07:00:06 AM »

Another update:

If you think it's not MAF - at the end, it's always the MAF Smiley
I had way too much trust in all of the many audi/vag forums` replies in regards of MAF values (idle/wot) and was 100% sure that my new MAF was not the issue, and everything else around the engine was the culprit.

This week I bit the bullet and found someone local with a used, oily MAF but from the exact same engine as mine (ARY, vvt, 180hp) and bought it.. and what do you know - All of the stuttering, bogging down and insane fuel cuts at 6k rpm shift - gone...
After almost a year I finally felt what it was like to go WOT from 3rd gear to still WOT 5th gear without ANY hiccups from the engine..

Will button up some more coolant leaks, seal up the exhaust fully where it smokes a bit and do another WOT pull log with ME7Logger..
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 08:05:42 AM by sidicer » Logged

prj

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2024, 09:18:54 AM »

Before you tune anything, make a proper boost leak test, not testing just the intake, but all the auxiliaries connected to the intake manifold, because 99% of the time that's where the leaks are and not in the part you tested.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
sidicer

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2024, 05:11:27 PM »

Before you tune anything, make a proper boost leak test, not testing just the intake, but all the auxiliaries connected to the intake manifold, because 99% of the time that's where the leaks are and not in the part you tested.

I've replaced everything below and after intake manifold which includes the PCV system and smoke tested it. Currently no leaks there, but once I am ready to start increasing boost - these will be recheked and pressure tested first thing

Thanl you for the help

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: