Pages: [1]
Author Topic: did my ecu bricked? HELLPP!!  (Read 1756 times)
bulz01

« on: January 21, 2023, 12:26:15 PM »

I need some help, I've got a 2001 tt 1.8t BAM engine and I ran the a script and did checksums, 2step and NLS worked perfectly but after few minutes the car died , I tried to turn it back on but it's not starting anymore. I tryed to read my ecu again end it's say that ecu is not responding... i cant read or write.... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
i tryed to look in comments from that video , and some one had the same probleme , he is saying this  "ecu get the error code P0601 - Internal Control Module: Memory Check Sum Error,  which prevents me from starting my car anymore. I then cleared the code by rewriting the eeprom as that is where the error is stored and reflashed it and it started to work again, but then again after a few days it now has the code again"
can some one help me?

adam-

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 01:13:10 PM »

This is plenty covered in the thread about the script.
bulz01

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 02:18:37 PM »

This is plenty covered in the thread about the script.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAwEpSV2PUE

bulz01

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 02:21:27 PM »

this is that file that i scripted

kubawd

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 02:57:02 PM »

Did you even checksum the file? It had 7 errors. Checksummed file attached.
bulz01

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 02:45:04 AM »

Did you even checksum the file? It had 7 errors. Checksummed file attached.
thanks alot, any sugestions how can i write the file back on my ecu , ecu is not responding

kubawd

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 04:15:32 AM »

You need to order/make a bench harness, put the ECU into boot mode and then flash it. Otherwise you won't be able to recover it. You can also try to put it into boot mode while the ECU is still in the car. There is a ton of info on how to bring a bricked ECU back to life. Search, read and try.
bulz01

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 05:49:50 AM »

You need to order/make a bench harness, put the ECU into boot mode and then flash it. Otherwise you won't be able to recover it. You can also try to put it into boot mode while the ECU is still in the car. There is a ton of info on how to bring a bricked ECU back to life. Search, read and try.
please can you give me more info , i'm new to this , how to put my ecu in boot mode while is connected to the car, after i put it in to boot mode then what? connect my mpps to obd the flash the original file or the moded one?

kubawd

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 07:22:06 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvgKE8eep_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NebYNq3H3pI
These videos may be useful for you.
http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/ECU_Boot_Mode This is for ME7.1, layout of the board is different.
Basically:
- Open ECU so you can see circuit board
- Connect battery charger
- One person grounds pin 24 on flash chip to i.e. circuit board ground(silver strip around the edge of the board) for few sec, while the second person turns on power to ECU(ignition). Time may vary, sometimes it needs 1 sec, sometimes more.
- Take grounding wire off, leave ignition on. Your ECU should be in bootmode.
- Open MPPS software, select make to generic and ecu to me7.XX(1mb).
- Flash the file, doesn't matter if its stock or modified if it's WORKING and CHECKSUMMED.

On this forum there is every bit of information you need. I bricked my S3 AMK ecu a few years ago when i started messing with software. Despite not having any advanced mechanical and electrical knowledge at this time, reading this forum allowed me to bootmode flash it and make it work again. Posts like your appear here on a daily basis, just search.

If you don't understand some of these steps after watching videos and reading a bit, send the ECU to some proper tuner to revive it. Also, if you will beat the shit out of the stock block 1.8t with LC and NLS, your next post will probably be titled "My engine is knocking, what may it be?"
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 11:30:56 PM »

how did you manage to miss all of the "NLS script is garbage" posts AND the most basic checksum posts?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adam-

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2023, 01:07:50 AM »

Because YouTube > posts.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 04:43:09 AM »

Retard alert

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
kubawd

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 09:48:34 AM »

how did you manage to miss all of the "NLS script is garbage" posts AND the most basic checksum posts?

Its even better. There is info about checksum at the end of the video that he linked and in the description. It even pops in upper case in the CMD after script mods the file...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: