Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Free M3.8/M5.9 Flasher (Read/Write - Flash | Read - E2P)  (Read 9363 times)
d0xx

« on: January 22, 2023, 02:20:27 PM »

A small contribution from Getcharged - maZer.GTi (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=822) and myself.

Hardware:
VAG KKL or VCDS

Features:
*Read calibration and 24C02
*Full write (F200) + checksum calculation

Works on OBD with PIN43 +12v or direct connection on bench.

Usage: m38_flasher.exe -h

---The calibration read is just for backup purposes and cannot be flashed, use a full file instead.

Have fun..

UPDATE01: Added option "-s" for a slower write of F200

File-MD5: 6d6a1c63a633d71c143716e3a0fb4157

« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 04:31:33 PM by d0xx » Logged

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 02:24:17 PM »

Small present for people not want to disolder 24C02...
06A906018R - 359591
Immo Off in Flash
eliotroyano

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 02:40:14 PM »

A small contribution from Getcharged - maZer.GTi (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=822) and myself.

Hardware:
VAG KKL or VCDS

Features:
*Read calibration and 24C02
*Full write (F200) + checksum calculation

Works on OBD with PIN43 +12v or direct connection on bench.

Usage: m38_flasher.exe -h

---The calibration read is just for backup purposes and cannot be flashed, use a full file instead.

Have fun..

Really nice someone still consider these ECUs. Can you provide an example of a reading?
d0xx

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 02:42:50 PM »

Really nice someone still consider these ECUs. Can you provide an example of a reading?

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 03:29:42 PM »

Cool. Cheers
eliotroyano

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 03:37:03 PM »

* 06A906018R_24C02_1674126097.bin (0.25 KB - downloaded 2 times.)
* 06A906018R_CALI_1674126097.bin (64 KB - downloaded 3 times.)

Looks really nice. Good work. I notice maps + RAM eeprom area, but what is included after that? I mean the big area after D000h in the CAL dump you sent.
d0xx

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 03:57:37 PM »

Looks really nice. Good work. I notice maps + RAM eeprom area, but what is included after that? I mean the big area after D000h in the CAL dump you sent.

As mentioned, this file is just for backup purposes, it is what the ECU internally sees @0xD000. The main goal was, that there is a backup of the calibration area. It can be RAM as well as CPU content.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 04:13:00 PM »

As mentioned, this file is just for backup purposes, it is what the ECU internally sees @0xD000. The main goal was, that there is a backup of the calibration area. It can be RAM as well as CPU content.

Ok. For example the 6500h-BFFFh area can be used a main CAL o Maps area and pasted in an 29F200 complete content (that can be found in the net) can generate a full writable file. Inclusive I notice after that the eeprom area, main immo + RAM backup. I have done something like that (read eeprom + maps) in the past using Monoscan software. Of course not as an automated procedure like your software. How much time do you estimate reading that 64Kb file?
d0xx

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 04:28:44 PM »

Ok. For example the 6500h-BFFFh area can be used a main CAL o Maps area and pasted in an 29F200 complete content (that can be found in the net) can generate a full writable file. Inclusive I notice after that the eeprom area, main immo + RAM backup. I have done something like that (read eeprom + maps) in the past using Monoscan software. Of course not as an automated procedure like your software. How much time do you estimate reading that 64Kb file?

Actually, it is running slow to prevent reading errors, and it takes ~12min to read that 64KB area. It could probably done faster, but the chance of error's will be higher.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 04:51:48 PM by d0xx » Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 05:49:45 PM »

Source? Github?

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
d0xx

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2023, 08:35:05 PM »

Source? Github?

Feel free to ask, whatever you want to ask, and we will answer, but the sourcecode will not be released, it contains partially source of other people's work which is not released so far, and we will not release that either.
Our contribution was giving people the ability to use it, if someone want to.

Br

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2023, 09:00:10 PM »

Thank you gentlemen. Appreciate the collaboration!
prj

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 01:56:21 AM »

Feel free to ask, whatever you want to ask, and we will answer, but the sourcecode will not be released, it contains partially source of other people's work which is not released so far, and we will not release that either.
Our contribution was giving people the ability to use it, if someone want to.

Br
There is nothing I need to know about this long abandoned thing.
MPPS has also been writing it for ages and the cloned v18 even uses the untouched original digitally signed binaries.

On the other hand your executable has no digital signature, and there is no source release.
As a reminder not so long ago there was a tool posted that identified software numbers of various ECU's for free.
It also uploaded your entire WinOLS database to a certain Google Drive in the background. Also for free Wink

Now, I am not saying you are doing something malicious, but opening random exe files from the internet that aren't even signed is usually a bad idea.

Log your car properly.
d0xx

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 03:08:22 PM »

There is nothing I need to know about this long abandoned thing.
Fine.

MPPS has also been writing it for ages and the cloned v18 even uses the untouched original digitally signed binaries.
Yes, but doesnt read it.

On the other hand your executable has no digital signature, and there is no source release.
As a reminder not so long ago there was a tool posted that identified software numbers of various ECU's for free.
It also uploaded your entire WinOLS database to a certain Google Drive in the background. Also for free Wink

Now, I am not saying you are doing something malicious, but opening random exe files from the internet that aren't even signed is usually a bad idea.

People who doesn't need it, must not use it. People who wants to use it, can trust us. And more advanced users, who doesnt trust us, feel free to test it in one of the sandboxes online first, or whatever possibility there is.
Just to make it clear, that someone who intents to do something bad to others, will probably use something which targets more then like 10 people, and they will probably not post that in a forum full of experts, like you.

However, the source will not be released. Have a nice evening.

Br

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 03:44:14 PM »

Fine.
Yes, but doesnt read it.

People who doesn't need it, must not use it. People who wants to use it, can trust us. And more advanced users, who doesnt trust us, feel free to test it in one of the sandboxes online first, or whatever possibility there is.
Just to make it clear, that someone who intents to do something bad to others, will probably use something which targets more then like 10 people, and they will probably not post that in a forum full of experts, like you.

However, the source will not be released. Have a nice evening.

Br
Who exactly would they "trust"? Your binary is unsigned. There is no one to "trust".
I can take your binary, add a trojan to it and re-post it, and so can anyone else.

Get a code cert and sign it if you're remotely serious about software development. Even if you don't release the source.

Log your car properly.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: