Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 022906032BG - ME7.1.1 2.8 24v VR6 - Struggling to get into bootmode? SOLVED  (Read 4048 times)
Rado20vt

Hi there,

I've been using this forum for a while and learnt how to turn the immobilisor off on ME7.5 ECU's. This has been really useful as I've had / done lots of 1.8T conversions into older VW's.

Last year I successfully turned the Immo off on a friends R32 ME7.1.1 ecu for his conversion. This one was a little different (larger file, bottom half padded with FF's), I found I had to power on both the constant ECU live and ignition live at the same time to be able to achieve bootmode. I've been using the ME7EEPROM tool which is really useful.

I've been having a look at another friend's MK4 golf 2.8 24V VR6 ecu for a conversion into a Corrado, however i'm struggling to get it into bootmode. I've done some searching around and have come across various posts like this:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4726.0title=

I noticed towards the end of the topic, ddillenger said the following
Only way I've been able to write these eeproms has been with a chipburner I'm afraid. I desolder, read, turn them off, and then write the data back before reinstalling the chip. Takes about 5 minutes once the hot airs warmed up.

I've had some success with argdubs tool, it claims to have written successfully, but the data wasn't changed.

Is this the only way to read/write the immo file on these ECU's? I believe the chip reads 5P08C3 on the chip itself. So have been trying to connect to it using 95P08.

I also came across this post: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6295.0

Has anyone had any success with turning achieving bootmode in order to read/write to this ecu?

Cheers,

Dave
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 05:11:12 PM by Rado20vt » Logged
adam-

Remove resistor 1.
Rado20vt

Remove resistor 1.

Hi Adam, thanks for the reply!

Remove and place in position 2 or just remove it completely?

Many Thanks!

Dave
_nameless

Hi Adam, thanks for the reply!

Remove and place in position 2 or just remove it completely?

Many Thanks!

Dave
You  don't need to place it into any other location, just removing it is good enough. However, if you want to keep port flashing you may need to reinstall the resistor. Ive had issues in the past trying to port flash after removing the resistor, reinstalling resistor fixed the issue.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Rado20vt

You  don't need to place it into any other location, just removing it is good enough. However, if you want to keep port flashing you may need to reinstall the resistor. Ive had issues in the past trying to port flash after removing the resistor, reinstalling resistor fixed the issue.

Thanks that's much appreciated! I'll remove it and re-instate it afterwards!

However I took it into work today, they have a EEprom programmer and a clip so thought i'd give that a shot...

Selected the chip, it read it fine however the data came back as all 0's. Soooo I think I must have wiped the chip somehow...
I've got a R32 immo off file which I believe will work, so going to remove that resistor and try flashing it the normal way.

Does anyone see using a R32 immo off file as a problem? It's going into a conversion so not worried about any other info in it being for the wrong car.

adam-

Did you desolder?
Rado20vt

Did you desolder?

No just clipped on
Rado20vt

Update:

Unsoldered that 000 resistor, it had some glue under it which made it a pain to get off?! Anyway that enabled me to get into bootmode and read the chip properly, as mentioned it would above! Luckily the immo file did have information on it. I've amended the file and re-flashed it back to the chip.

Thanks again for the info on the resistor!
BlackT

Where is that ressistor connected to?
I want to dissable boot mode on M7.5 ECU
Beima

I did as the author of the topic wrote, and then on the 2nd block without soldering. The output does not need to be soldered, then you will not be able to flash through OBD

Don't judge strictly, I'm trying to learn at least something.
Sorry for my bad English, I'm using Google Translate
Если знаете русский, можете писать на русском

Golf mk2 R32 FSI.        |      MPPS V21
Bora R32 (TT).              |      KESS CLON
Passat R36 FSI.            |      KTAG CLON
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: