Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Motronic 7.1.1 No communication after swap.  (Read 6611 times)
NoobMike

« on: February 07, 2023, 03:55:44 PM »

Howdy folks,

I did a swap from a 2.0 AT AZG to a VR6 MT BDF in a 03' wagon it drives and runs around town decently but am having one glaring issue keeping me from driving it more...  I cannot log or communicate with the ECU.  Diving into the wiring schematics, confirmed everything from the 2.0 and VR6 are the same in the wires car side.  VCDS CAN line and K line check both show green and good to go.  Measuring voltage at the back of the IC, the green T32a at pin 5 (W-LINE from ECU) shows battery voltage 12.1v, across the diagnostic module the voltage jumps between 1.5 and 1.6v, and ends up at Pin 7 (K-LINE) on the DLC with 3.3v Key off to 8.8v Key on.  Are these voltages correct? Im assuming with communications there's always going to be some voltage at all times.  One thing that I have been trying to confirm was if the BDF did engine diag over CAN or K line compared to the AZG that was in there before.  Any input would be appreciated, thanks y'all. Smiley

Mike
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 04:41:07 PM »

run pin 43 from the big plug on the ecu to pin 7 on the obd2 port. BDF is k line, and your welcome.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
NoobMike

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 03:23:09 PM »

Ok, just wanting to confirm.  I'm taking what is at pin 43 on the ECU right now and directly running a new wire and replacing the wiring that is currently there at pin7 of the OBD port? No adding to the current circuit?  Appreciate your input nameless.   
BlackT

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 08:25:40 PM »

You can add to that cirtuit
NoobMike

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2023, 09:38:41 AM »

Alrighty sounds good, Will post an update shortly.  Thanks BlackT and Nameless
NoobMike

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 06:22:38 PM »

Just wanted to update the thread, thanks to your tips the ECU will communicate with the car now.  Thank you.  Now to figure out the power supply relay and random miss lol. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: