Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B6 A4 1.8TQ BEX 8E0909518AS ( CODE : 17705 )  (Read 1200 times)
The N King

« on: March 12, 2023, 06:25:08 AM »

Hello gents I have this error code popping up when car car idles after driving warm engine etc etc its  just switching it self in to limp mode randomly.

I found 7 post on this forum related to this code, 6 if im accurate as one topic just contains it as a short mention.
I have an aftermarket 3" intake system and decat installed to open up in and out flow. I managed to dial two MAF maps to avoid lean code and inaccurate reading but now this comes up.
After searching on this forum I found LKVDKNMN and FVPDKLDUS  playing role here but these are i guess not definied in my file or they are in the hexdump as far is my limited understanding goes ( Im not sure at this stage sorry).
Im still in the process to do fine adjustments and learning as much as I can to do a good job.

The issue is IMO is software related rather than hardware, as i not opened up any hose clips that coud cause boost leak and the intake side is secured as far as im concerned, but im gonna do a smoke test just to make sure or if there any other leak that Im not aware of.

Softwarewise what is the professional approach to fix the issue as i said above i cant find these maps. I dont want to do half job patching masking stuff if there is pro way to doing it.
Give me a heads up guys please. If this requires to post my file I do it , but its nearly not finished so...
Let me know whats the score, thank you very much.
Best Regards.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 06:32:28 AM by The N King » Logged
The N King

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 10:17:21 AM »

Hello i managed to get rid of the 17705 code.

I did some data logging, and I must admit things absolutely not working the way I expected it tbh.

Car is overboosting and runs into lean condition regardless that I adjusted fuelling to do a richer mixture. Somehow actual does not follow requested no idea why.
Did not touched boost map yet so the overboost condition perhaps N75 related which is shame as its a Febi and less than 1 years old. N75 Resistance test seems ok 29-30ohm when hot and its clicking when i do VCDS output test, but it could be still bad i know, so I ordered a new one.

Same goes for the MAF after I installed this 3" intake pipe MAF reading on idle gone down to 2g/s from approx 3.6. But WOT 90 or 100max. After sligtly adjusted MLHFM Idle came back ok 3.2-3.4. WOT still less than it should be it used to be 135 max with the previous intake system and original maf housing. This is a brand new Bosch sensor and reads the same as the old one so the problem not sensor related.

Regards to the MAF I either did the adjustments wrong or the problem is that the housing is a straight through metal no flow straightener in there like the original plastic housings the cone filter have a velocity stack tho. I dont know how much of a problem this flow straightener as some other owners gutted out they housings and had no issues afterwards.

I will do a double check around leaks and faulty hardwares that could play role, but mappingwise I need help please, and of course Im not expecting from anyone to spoon feed me, just point out stuff i might missed im happy to spend long hours to study but I need a little extra info here and there.

Here are my logs and my current bin+ XDF that I use for this project, also here a video of normal driving mixed with some WOT pulls with me7 logger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHmgPH71hgk

Please help me a little bit guys cause Im out of ideas where i did things wrong.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 01:46:42 PM by The N King » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 01:08:29 AM »

To better assist you, it would be helpful to have a detailed list of the car's hardware, such as the injector size and part number, turbo model, and fuel type. If the car is using the stock turbo, it would be best to return it to stock as much as possible, including the tune, in order to eliminate any hardware or calibration errors. For MAF scaling, you can start with the tt225 mhlfm map, as it is similar in size to the current one you are using. Once we have a list of your car's actual hardware, I can provide more specific assistance.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
The N King

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 11:13:54 AM »

To better assist you, it would be helpful to have a detailed list of the car's hardware, such as the injector size and part number, turbo model, and fuel type. If the car is using the stock turbo, it would be best to return it to stock as much as possible, including the tune, in order to eliminate any hardware or calibration errors. For MAF scaling, you can start with the tt225 mhlfm map, as it is similar in size to the current one you are using. Once we have a list of your car's actual hardware, I can provide more specific assistance.

Hi thanks for coming back to me. I greatly appreciate the effort.

-3" intake pipework with a large open cone filter.(original Bosch sensor from the A4 installed in the 3" intake
-Decat test pipe on the exhaust side.

Everything else is still stock. My next intention would be a FMIC.

Fuel : RON99 unleaded petrol (UK)
BEX Injectors : 317cc / 06A906031BA
Fuel pump : original ( Im intend to do a fuel pressure test soon to see how healthy it is )
Turbocharger is original, its a KKK K03S (longitudinal) / 06B 145 703B

Im going to get an unaltered S3 file and check out MHLFM and copy the values over and see how it runs with it. The intake pipe is about 37% bigger than the original. If i increased the whole MHLFM by 37% it yielded  20-20+ G/s @ idle, so i have reverted it back.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 01:29:10 PM by The N King » Logged
The N King

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 04:24:46 PM »

Little bit update here. I found S3 files to work with and implemented the copy over. It seems like that did the job with MAF readings both idle and WOT.  My new top reading was 143G/s. +10G/s compared to my previous intake setup. Also my lambda control finally does its job staying 0.78-0.80 at the high load areas. Million thanks Nameless !
 I can start now working on other bits.
I attach this log with 2 WOT pulls.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 04:33:02 PM by The N King » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: