Pages: [1]
Author Topic: problem with ignition drop at full load 3-4k RPM  (Read 1151 times)
BlackT

« on: March 25, 2023, 09:21:21 AM »

Short long story, I borrowed my ex car from friend 1.8T AJL , and have noticed a really bad MPG.
I turn on logger and saw at autoban at cruise at 3000 rpm ignition was around 15-16°. It follow KFZW2, and doesn t try to reach KFZWOP2. As I remeber in this conditions ECU schould try to reach KFZWOP2. But never mind about that, so I forced similar KFZWOP values in KFZW2 and got around 30° at cruise on autoban. Car was much better to drive, quiter, smooother and with huge difference in MPG

But at full load, my ignition goes at around zero. Cant figure out why

NWS is used all time until 4000 rpm, and after that I have again normal ignition that follow KFZW
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 09:24:51 AM »

KFZWOP2 is never used as a "target" angle.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BlackT

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 02:05:21 PM »

KFZWOP2 is never used as a "target" angle.
I forget it how it works, is this my problem that KFZW past KFZWOP and ECU reduce torque by setting timeng to negative?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 02:26:43 PM »

Stop thinking about KFZWOP. It is there to estimate engine efficiency.

ECU will pull timing most commonly for

* Load regulation (actual above desired)
* Knock regulation
* Traction control
* Anti juddder

it is quite literally all outlined here https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Torque_monitoring which I'm sure you already aware of.

Nowhere there does it mention that KFZWOP will lead to torque intervention, other than altering KFZWOP may alter actual torque/load (or modeled EGT) which is not at all the reason to adjust KFZWOP.

In fact, there is no reason to adjust KFZWOP, generally.

You're just seeing side effects which you are (incorrectly) interpreting as "I should fuck with KFZWOP".
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 02:29:14 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BlackT

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 04:54:34 PM »

1. Actual load is under desired
2. There is no knock
3. Traction contol at 160 kmh in 6. Gear with quattro and new tires? I doubt
4. AMD is dissabled long time ago

I never say I will touch KFZWOP, not in this case where engine is more or less stock.

I only what to find what cause this behavier, it started after I have put this agressive values in KFZW
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 05:08:06 PM »

you'll need to follow the entire timing path then Sad

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: