Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bosch M3.8 locked  (Read 2515 times)
flaschenhals

« on: April 04, 2023, 12:39:56 PM »

Hi everyone

I need help with my Bosch M3.8 (06A906018R) on a AGU engine. I have successfully removed the brake pedal switch and noticed, it does not switch anymore when I press it. Then I wanted to try if I can use a small wire to turn on the brake light  Roll Eyes I sticked the wire into the contacts of the brake pedal connector (red/black, red/brown) while the key was on ignition on position. I saw a small spark but no brake lights were lighting up and immediately removed the wire Lips sealed I thought, that was not right  Huh So i tried to start the engine, but it was not turning on Cry I grabbed my OBD Cable and wanted to read the error code's. Unfortunately, no communication was possible. So i removed the ECU and on the bench with an external PSU i can read out the following error codes with VWTOOL.exe:

18010 (P1602)
Power Supply (B+) terminal 30 Low Voltage

17953 (P1545)
Throttle pos. controller

670-- ------
Throttle Position Sensor -G127 Signal to High

16507 (P0123)
Throttle Position Sensor A Circuit High Input

17978 (P1570)
Engine Control Module blocked

I just checked all fuses but was not able to find a broken one. I have measured 12V with "ignition on" on the pins 1 and 3 on the ecu connector.

Is there a way to unlock my ECU and try it again? Which checks should I do next?

Greetings flaschenhals
IamwhoIam

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 11:14:10 PM »

Sounds like your ECU is toast (not locked) and you'll need to buy a new one and swap immo around or deimmo it.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
flaschenhals

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 08:49:55 AM »

Sounds like your ECU is toast (not locked) and you'll need to buy a new one and swap immo around or deimmo it.

Hi IamwhoIam,
Thanks for your answer! I have just had a look with a friend of mine. The ECU is still in working condition the fault was another.

So I have just looked at the car with a friend of mine and the problem was a faulty Fuse Socket (corrosion). He just checked the voltage on the first ignition coil and it was about 3.9 Volts (15 Ignition on). We replaced the fuse and cleaned the socket a little bit. After that I was able to read the ECU with VCDS without any problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: