Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 550 whp stock internals 2.7  (Read 827 times)
928ofm

« on: April 22, 2023, 07:35:38 PM »

On 2.7s it seems the general consensus is somewhere between 450-500wtq is where the factory rods decide to say goodbye. I've also seen stock valvetrain 2.7s rev to 7500 rpm fairly consistently. Assuming you had the right fueling, and k24 or similarly sized turbos. Could you not maintain 400wtq from boost onset to 7500rpm with a rising boost curve and produce 550 whp on a stock long block 2.7?

Now I understand that I may be missing something obvious or maybe not so obvious but I'm prepared to get flamed a little bit. If I am wrong could it be explained so that me and the people reading this later could learn?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

_nameless

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 06:26:07 AM »

I've done a few single turbo setups on stock block. All tuned on the street, later on the car was dynoed and made 670 at the wheels stock block. The car was taken to the track regularly, lasted 2 years before she tossed a rod. Flat foot shift and pow... That's all she wrote. Imo you can't just pick a number and say "this is or is not safe" drivers remorse, service history, turbo dynamics, fuel type, 2 step or no lift shift all play a part in how long it's going to last.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
928ofm

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 07:45:48 AM »

Oh wow, that's impressive. Out of curiosity what did the torque look like when it got dynoed? But that's totally fair, I mean stock cars can throw rods if they aren't maintained. I was just looking for a better sense of what is possible because it seems like a lot of cars stop around 450whp saying they are limited by rods which just didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: