Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EDC15P+ 24c04 - How to read from IMMO with Bench Harness - Solved  (Read 3312 times)
Rado20vt

Hi all,

I'm in the process of putting a VW PD130 1.9 TDI into a mk2 Caddy. I want to disable the IMMO so it will run happily in the conversion.

I'm used to disabling ME7.5 / ME7.1.1 immo files and have a bench harness to do so, however i'm struggling to find some software that will work to read the 24c04 chip on the EDC15P+ ecu?

I found a piece of open source software on here however I can't seem to get it to work. Apart from unsoldering the chip and reading it in a chip reader, is there a way to read the immo file from the ecu without unsoldering it? Is there software in particular which anyone recommends to do this? I've created a bench harness and can get the ECU into bootmode happily.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 11:56:25 AM by Rado20vt » Logged
stuydub

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 12:15:48 AM »

EDC15P immo chip can be read with a kkl cable using vag k commander whilst in car or on bench and there is a simple piece of software that can turn off immo and checksum it
Unlimited88

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 09:54:36 PM »

hi just send me the eeprom file and i will do immo off if you want.
Dande

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 02:05:16 AM »

I use a CH341 programmer with a clip. Its cheap and it works well.
Rado20vt

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 08:50:07 AM »

EDC15P immo chip can be read with a kkl cable using vag k commander whilst in car or on bench and there is a simple piece of software that can turn off immo and checksum it

I've tried using my kkl cable and vag k commander 2.5 and 3.6 but to no avail. On 2.5 i get "init dog failed" and on 3.6 it just fails to open com port. Both are set to use com port 2 and the tester.inf file has been modified too. I've ordered another cable from ebay (especially for vag k commander apparently) to see if this will solve the problem!

hi just send me the eeprom file and i will do immo off if you want.

Thanks but I can't even read the immo file currently, that's my issue, actually getting it from the chip!

I use a CH341 programmer with a clip. Its cheap and it works well.

Do you clip straight onto the chip without unsoldering the chip then? This might have to be an option if I can't get VAG K Commander to work.

Cheers for your replies!
Dande

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 09:47:40 AM »

Yes, it works without unsoldering.
Rado20vt

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 11:56:09 AM »

I think i'll invest in one of these and will be useful nonetheless!

I've finally got it to work though!!!

Downloaded EDC15P immo flasher tool from on here. Took me a while to get this to work, had to downgrade to .NET 4.0 from 4.8 (originally thought I had 4.0). This seemed to connect to the ECU okay using my kkl cable. Was able to read the 24c04 and then used EDC Calc to immo off and calculate the checksums. I've just re-uploaded it and confirmed immo status is set to off in VCDS.

Going to compare the IMMO files to see what the differences are. Bit different to doing the ME7 ECU's!
stuydub

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 10:51:05 AM »

I've tried using my kkl cable and vag k commander 2.5 and 3.6 but to no avail. On 2.5 i get "init dog failed" and on 3.6 it just fails to open com port. Both are set to use com port 2 and the tester.inf file has been modified too. I've ordered another cable from ebay (especially for vag k commander apparently) to see if this will solve the problem!

Thanks but I can't even read the immo file currently, that's my issue, actually getting it from the chip!

Do you clip straight onto the chip without unsoldering the chip then? This might have to be an option if I can't get VAG K Commander to work.

Well if you ran it as administrator you would not get the error of dog failed

Cheers for your replies!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: