Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello from Wales, UK  (Read 2344 times)
richdcoll
Newbie
*

Karma: +0/-3
Offline Offline

Posts: 4


« on: May 14, 2023, 09:26:47 AM »

Hi all,

I'm Rich, from South West Wales, in the UK. I'm a DIY home mechanic.

I'm a 90s/00s Audi fan, with a B6 A4 Avant Quattro. I've just purchased a A6 C5 Allroad (2.5 TDI Manual) and an A6 C5 Avant Sport Quattro (2.5 TDI Auto)

The A6 has a broken auto gearbox, and the Allroad has a suspected broken fuel injection pump. I think it might just need timing... maybe I'm an optimist!

The A4 is a 1.9 TDI Avant Quattro SE, running at 170ish bhp, with 5 spoke sport wheels and a Gmbh front bumper.

I love all Audi models from the 90s to mid 2000s. After that I feel the design started to become less Audi, and more aggressive, appealing to new markets. But that's another subject.

I am here to learn more about the ECU customisation process, and hopefully become competent enough to write new files to the ECU of my Audi cars.

I am working my way through the How To guides, and will read the noob questions thread before asking my own.

I was recommended the forum by a super helpful Audi TT fan Gerry Antworth who helped me through the installation of VCDS, as my drivers would not recognise my KKL cable.

Any help and advice is very welcome, I am willing to learn and willing from scratch.

Thanks!

Rich
Logged
_nameless
Hero Member
*****

Karma: +330/-460
Offline Offline

Posts: 2745



« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 04:28:28 PM »

Hi all,

I'm Rich, from South West Wales, in the UK. I'm a DIY home mechanic.

I'm a 90s/00s Audi fan, with a B6 A4 Avant Quattro. I've just purchased a A6 C5 Allroad (2.5 TDI Manual) and an A6 C5 Avant Sport Quattro (2.5 TDI Auto)

The A6 has a broken auto gearbox, and the Allroad has a suspected broken fuel injection pump. I think it might just need timing... maybe I'm an optimist!

The A4 is a 1.9 TDI Avant Quattro SE, running at 170ish bhp, with 5 spoke sport wheels and a Gmbh front bumper.

I love all Audi models from the 90s to mid 2000s. After that I feel the design started to become less Audi, and more aggressive, appealing to new markets. But that's another subject.

I am here to learn more about the ECU customisation process, and hopefully become competent enough to write new files to the ECU of my Audi cars.

I am working my way through the How To guides, and will read the noob questions thread before asking my own.

I was recommended the forum by a super helpful Audi TT fan Gerry Antworth who helped me through the installation of VCDS, as my drivers would not recognise my KKL cable.

Any help and advice is very welcome, I am willing to learn and willing from scratch.

Thanks!

Rich
Welcome to the forum. Me7.5 (petrol port injection drive by wire Bosch Motronics) is the primary focus of 97% of our discussions here. The remaining 3% covers random topics. If you are interested in tuning diesel engines, I recommend visiting https://www.ecuconnections.com/ which mainly focuses on diesel engine calibration. The EDC15 and EDC16 are the most likely ECU types used in the cars you mentioned, and they are well documented. You can find step-by-step YouTube guides on virtually anything you need to do along with the publicated documentation of how the logic of the ecu works.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 04:30:39 PM by _nameless » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
richdcoll
Newbie
*

Karma: +0/-3
Offline Offline

Posts: 4


« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 01:55:47 AM »

Welcome to the forum. Me7.5 (petrol port injection drive by wire Bosch Motronics) is the primary focus of 97% of our discussions here. The remaining 3% covers random topics. If you are interested in tuning diesel engines, I recommend visiting https://www.ecuconnections.com/ which mainly focuses on diesel engine calibration. The EDC15 and EDC16 are the most likely ECU types used in the cars you mentioned, and they are well documented. You can find step-by-step YouTube guides on virtually anything you need to do along with the publicated documentation of how the logic of the ecu works.

Thank you, much appreciated.

I will check them out. I didn't realise this was a petrol focussed forum.

I will also search youtube.

Thanks
Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)