Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: cant download nefmoto software  (Read 8192 times)
Matthewest91

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2022, 06:59:51 PM »

id be down with teamviewer... youd be down to help me out... id make it worth your time bro
Geomeo

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2022, 07:06:26 PM »

id be down with teamviewer... youd be down to help me out... id make it worth your time bro
Yeah I got some time to explain.  Need ID and password.   Make sure your ecu is all set up correctly wiring and power wise. You did do me7 pinout images on google right? and obd pinout on google too?    You can message me if you like with your id and password.   
Matthewest91

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2022, 07:13:01 PM »

Yeah I got some time to explain.  Need ID and password.   Make sure your ecu is all set up correctly wiring and power wise. You did do me7 pinout images on google right? and obd pinout on google too?    You can message me if you like with your id and password.   

i followed the instructions to for the bench harness. ITs good to go 
Geomeo

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2022, 08:34:36 PM »

To summarize the issue here.  Using bootcamp on a Mac is a problem for me7eeprom.exe.  And might be an issue for nefmoto flasher too.   Mac bootcamp windows and command prompt for access to communication ports don't agree.  I'm sure there's a way around it (or is there?), but quite honestly XP laptops are cheap and Windows 7 laptops are pretty cheap and work well with most of this stuff given that most of the programs were probably designed on these platforms. 
Matthewest91

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2022, 03:31:27 PM »

UPDATE

Was officially able to flash a tune onto the car!!!!

Was getting a databus drivetrain code, so that’s next.

Geomeo I appreciate the help brother . If any other newbie are stuck. I’m willing to offer what little experience I have. Don’t hesitate to ask!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2022, 04:08:12 PM »

UPDATE

Was officially able to flash a tune onto the car!!!!

Was getting a databus drivetrain code, so that’s next.

Geomeo I appreciate the help brother . If any other newbie are stuck. I’m willing to offer what little experience I have. Don’t hesitate to ask!

Please make sure to document what you did or suggest changes to existing documentation. Having people help others in private is great, but it does not scale well unless it improves things for everyone else at the same time.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Matthewest91

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2023, 09:54:24 AM »

To summarize the issue here.  Using bootcamp on a Mac is a problem for me7eeprom.exe.  And might be an issue for nefmoto flasher too.   Mac bootcamp windows and command prompt for access to communication ports don't agree.  I'm sure there's a way around it (or is there?), but quite honestly XP laptops are cheap and Windows 7 laptops are pretty cheap and work well with most of this stuff given that most of the programs were probably designed on these platforms. 

so.. after 6 months and a broken timing belt plus a new computer and a refresh of everything i learned the first go around on nefmoto was finally able to take a read on my "practice" ecu that i bailed on the first time around..

i def need to do a recap soo that i can give back to others that might be in my situation...
it literally took me 2 days figuring out how the fuck i installed   nefmoto flasher the first time around on the mac pro. i thought i remembered doing it on the command prompt... SMH

Matthewest91

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2023, 10:00:24 AM »

so the question i have now is...

the ecu im working on has just been read in bootmode and the immo has been turned off, me7checked and written back.
the issue is it came from a "tip" car and i have a 6 speed. to be able to use this as a back up do i need to code the ecu from a tip to a 6 speed or do i just flash an mbox onto it?
Matthewest91

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2023, 12:31:26 PM »

so the ecu i have i got out of a 2002 a6 2.7 tip with apb motor. had old style ignition packs. also had immobilixer..
ecu 4bo907551 al

i just tried reading an ecu out of my running car (2000 a6 2.7 6 speed and has nef stage 1) and then saved and flashed it to the 02 a6 tip ecu and plugged it in the car and tried connecting with vcds and it will not connect... also has no mil light on cluster...
next i will try finding another bin and try flashing the back up ecu...

i came across this in another post...

Last night I was playing with 4z7 907 551 M ECU (allroad model for auto tranny) and it was not possible to change coding from Tip to 6 speed in Vag-Com...

I flashed with S4 M box file and the tiptronic coding remained and I was still not able to change it... I don't know what practical implications of this are but I wasn't feeling warm and fuzzy about it.

The workaround I found was to flash it with allroad 4z7 907 551 (no letter) ECU for 6 speed, then the ECU allowed re-coding to 6 speed. I then flashed it with S4 M box again and the coding was now for manual car...

Next step will be to take this ECU with S4 M-box and install in my allroad to see if immobilizer throws a fit, but seeing how my maestro S4 tune they flash to all APB engines works just fine, I should be ok

Matthewest91

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2023, 01:00:22 PM »

How do you know what file you use to flash over a particular ecu?
Is it from experience or is there a way to tell if the bin and ecu are compatible?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: