Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1999 Volvo V70XC ECU flashing software?  (Read 1360 times)
iVCLE

« on: November 02, 2023, 12:22:39 PM »

So the story is, I have a custom tuned bin file I purchased for my car from a very reputable tuner. The issue we are having is the lack of software to load 512kb bin files onto the ECU. Every software he has is only comparable with 1024kb files so we keep getting a “file corrupt” error. We have tried about 3 different softwares but none seemed optimized for the 512kb file. It is a bosch me7.01, but the chip is 512kb rather than the 1mb chip that most all other Volvo ECUs use. I’ve read I can use mpps and boot mode to bench tune the ECU, but don’t have the needs software/hardware. I would like to avoid shipping my ECU to him as I’m in the states and he’s in the UK. Has anyone else encountered this problem? And how hard is it to bench tune if I were to buy the needed hardware/software? I’m just getting into the tuning scene so sorry if my wording is not fully correct. Thanks.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 09:17:02 AM »

Based on your problem description, it seems that the individual you're purchasing a file from may be attempting to cross-flash files and has encountered a compatibility issue within their collection. Consequently, you've been left without a solution, and you're now seeking assistance from a forum community to understand why the "tuner's" assortment of files isn't functioning properly with a car from a different region. While I could be mistaken, this is the impression I've gathered from your explanation.

I would ask for your money back and find someone who's more competent.   

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: