Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What clone do you use for EDC17 or Med 17.X  (Read 1405 times)
R3dsn0w

« on: December 03, 2023, 08:28:14 AM »

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask what clone you prefer to read and write an EDC17 or Med17.X ecu.
I have the Kess V2 and the MPPS V18 they are working fine but I get a lot of requests for flashing EDC17 and Med 17.X ECUs.
I don't want links or something just what you use if u flash that kind of ECUs thanks a lot.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 09:17:55 AM »

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask what clone you prefer to read and write an EDC17 or Med17.X ecu.
I have the Kess V2 and the MPPS V18 they are working fine but I get a lot of requests for flashing EDC17 and Med 17.X ECUs.
I don't want links or something just what you use if u flash that kind of ECUs thanks a lot.
So you want to flash ecus for profit and you need to ask how its done? What exactly does that have to do with cloning? Unless your plan is to flash the same file over and over and if that's the case that would hint towards you having no clue on what you are doing. Hate to be that guy but you will need to spend more than $40 bucks on a flashing tool that will do what you would want it to do. Personally I have over $30k invested in tools and occasionally they still have a protocol bug and need to contact tech support for them to resolve the issue. What exactly are your plans when you brick a customers ecu and you have no factory support?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
overspeed

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 09:44:29 AM »

Clone will fail eventually, even original tools... but they will guide you to recover

Be prepared to pay when it happens
R3dsn0w

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 10:28:19 AM »

yeah ur right, if the day comes then I`ll be fucked but I know that Med9.1 and EDC 15 and EDC16 work with kess clones or MPPS clones. I Have read about the PCMflash u guys think this is a good point to start with an original device ?
I know it sounds hilarious but I don't want to spend 5000€ for a flasher I mostly do it for friends or friends of them, buying the software from some guys which do good work and flashing it to the cars, BUT there are so many cars like MK7 GTI or the newer Diesel engines which have TPROT and i know that the clones will fail.
So if u have a 30k collection of tools u could name me or the NefMoto which of them is cheap and works well and has good support ?
prj

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 11:26:30 AM »

There is no way around spending a bunch of money.
PCMFlash while affordable has the problem of flashing the whole flash every time, so it's:
a) slow
b) every flash attempt ups the flash counter by more than 1
c) Once it reaches 100 you can't obd flash anymore without resetting it
d) The first few small sectors in the processor have actually a max endurance rating of 100 flashes, after that the flash needs to be "refreshed", not sure any commercial tools do that at all

You get what you pay for...

As to which tool to use - if I would have to choose one tool right now, I'd probably go for Flex, just because you get OBD and Bench (and optionally boot) in the same tool and it has wide protocol support.
I am not saying it's the best tool, far from it, just if I'd have to pick a single one, that's what I'd get.
But yeah, you will have to pay 5000 euro for the flasher and then subscription, or if you use always the same master you can get the slave.

"I get a lot of requests" means you are doing it commercially so tbh I don't see the big deal about it. If you flash 20 cars you've already made the money back for sure, and then it's only profit.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
R3dsn0w

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 11:56:32 AM »

Okay thats a good answer thank you !  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: