Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Having trouble finding a way to flash .SGO with many tools.  (Read 3191 times)
1gcrazy

« on: December 07, 2023, 03:15:31 PM »

I have:
Flex
Ktag genuine
VCDS Genuine
Many J2534 devices including cardaq 3
VVDI2
I've supported many hobbyist programmers and purchased their softwares.
MANY clone tools
I can eeprom with the best of them.
One thing I absolutely cannot pin down is how to flash an SGO file to return an ECU back to stock. I've heard Autotuner does it but that's quite the coin to just goto factory. I could flash a known factory file but that isn't always easy to obtain. How on gods green earth can I flash an SGO. I'm having a hell of a time with Odis-E 14.1 and my cardaq. I'm having issues with cloned VCP6(Vag Can Pro 6) and i've bricked a UDS unit already just messing around. Does anyone have an absolute fool proof way to always be able to return to stock quickly and easily for less than 5k and no crazy annual subscriptions?? I don't have a lot of faith getting Odis or VCP to work reliable considering i've spent two days on odis and can't get past this stupid error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cherry

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 06:33:19 PM »

Which problem are talking about? Which ecu number? Back to stock is just for flash, you always leave traces in ecu. Anyway no UDS ecu does ever had an sgo flash file. I think you have a collection of bad clone tools...
1gcrazy

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 09:24:32 PM »

Well there aren't many tools that will actually do it. Yes, back to stock is only for flash, that's the goal. UDS/FRF whatever. Point is I'm looking for a suggestion. The problem i'm talking about is finding a tool that will reliably flash .sgo/.frf that doesn't cost 5k+.
aef

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 12:21:03 AM »

Genuine VCP is the way to go.
Flex can do it on some ecu/tcu but not all.
EanDem

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 02:55:07 AM »

I have:
Flex
Ktag genuine
VCDS Genuine
Many J2534 devices including cardaq 3
VVDI2
I've supported many hobbyist programmers and purchased their softwares.
MANY clone tools
I can eeprom with the best of them.
One thing I absolutely cannot pin down is how to flash an SGO file to return an ECU back to stock. I've heard Autotuner does it but that's quite the coin to just goto factory. I could flash a known factory file but that isn't always easy to obtain. How on gods green earth can I flash an SGO. I'm having a hell of a time with Odis-E 14.1 and my cardaq. I'm having issues with cloned VCP6(Vag Can Pro 6) and i've bricked a UDS unit already just messing around. Does anyone have an absolute fool proof way to always be able to return to stock quickly and easily for less than 5k and no crazy annual subscriptions?? I don't have a lot of faith getting Odis or VCP to work reliable considering i've spent two days on odis and can't get past this stupid error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seems you talking about VAG - WinOLS can convert. For single ask - just share file.
1gcrazy

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2023, 11:37:19 AM »

Well I have the .sgo to bin converter but it doesn't output a file that has all the data so i'm pretty timid to flash something like that over and try it.
1gcrazy

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2023, 11:38:07 AM »

Genuine VCP is the way to go.
Flex can do it on some ecu/tcu but not all.
Does it need to converted to bin or will it just flash SGO directly? Any experience with what does and doesn't work would be greatly appreciated. Does it skip flashing the immo or just paste right over top of all of it?
aef

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2023, 03:01:12 AM »

Which ecu in detail?

First you asked which tool to use to write sgo file format.
Now you are asking what to do with the file and if it overwrites immo or not.

If we are talking about back to stock you can use flex if VR files are available. Because theses VRs are stock flash/maps content.

SGO and FRF is a container file. The file is coming directly from the OEM/VAG and is used in the dealership to update via ODIS.
To flash these you have to have immo authenticated. Usually it will not work to write a ecu on the table outside the car.

Its hard to help you. What is the overall goal here?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: