Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Fashing fail ME7.1.1 022 906 032 GJ  (Read 2626 times)
joshuaVDgraaf

« on: December 27, 2023, 10:57:46 AM »

Hello , everyone

If been searching for hours but couldn't find the right answer.

My brother has an Audi A3 8P 3.2 VR6 DSG EU-Spec, he bought the car a few months ago.
The car has been chipped but very poorly, when over 4800 rpm it spits flames and judder like lauch control. Also I logged with vcds and came to conclusion that the exhaust vvt is being activated.
All this under partial load, it stops under WOT.  So i found the original file and loaded it in WINOLS to verify it is identical and so it was (90%). Used ME7Check to see if the checksum was ok, was also correct.

The car battery was full, id the ECU with MPPS V18, and started flashing. After 20 seconds it gave error lost connection and the car fans started to go full speed also the headlight range gave dashboard error.
I knew the flash has failed so i know it wont run anymore still tried but no success. Unhooked the ECU and brought it inside, open it up. bench wired it and grouded pin 24.
Succesfully went into bootmode since MPPS could identify the AM24F800BT.

Here starts my problem

When reflashing the File, it will do things normally on 100% it says "Programming error".  tried 20 Times no success
Also tried nefmoto software without succes.

what am i doing wrong ? or do i miss something here.

ECU Specs

ECU :ME7.1.1
Hardware : 022 906 032 GJ
Bosch NR : 0261208088
Flash is 29F800BT
MCU is ST10C167 / Infineon C167

Motorcycle battery is 13.8 volts (with charger attached) so that shouldn't be the problem.

I know the vr6 isnt heavily coverd since the tuning capablity's are minimal, but i hope someone can help me.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 02:44:49 PM by joshuaVDgraaf » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 11:56:20 AM »

Pull the 0k ohm resistor off the back, then you will be able to program it in bootmode. If you want to port flash it again you will need to reinstall the resistor after recovery

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
joshuaVDgraaf

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 01:13:03 PM »

I have desoldered the resistor but it makes no difference . but where did you find that picture?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 01:16:36 PM by joshuaVDgraaf » Logged
prj

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 02:24:32 PM »

Remove ground from pin 24 once it is in bootmode duh.
It's flash address line of course it's not going to work if you keep that grounded.

Ground it, turn it on, remove the pin 24 ground, hit OK after that.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
joshuaVDgraaf

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 02:49:48 PM »

Remove ground from pin 24 once it is in bootmode duh.
It's flash address line of course it's not going to work if you keep that grounded.

Ground it, turn it on, remove the pin 24 ground, hit OK after that.

I know i already tried the following

pin 24 ground 3 seconds the let go         = Bootmode ok because i can read flash now and can see 29F800BT on screen
pin 24 ground permanent                      =  error no ECU found
pin 24 permanent wit 6.8K ohm resistor = same as the 3 seconds

but all of that still gives me the error and i still dont know whats causing this. and i assume that the bootmode works just fine except the writing part
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 02:52:02 PM by joshuaVDgraaf » Logged
prj

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 03:00:06 PM »

The chip is not original. It should be 29F800BB.
Chances are it's not even a 29F800BT, but something completely different.

You need to get an AM29F800BB chip with extended temperature range and replace the one you have there.

Log your car properly.
joshuaVDgraaf

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 04:30:47 PM »

Is there any way to verify this?  on the picture i took it looks like the AM29F800BT and thats also what it says on top. or do you mean its a chinese knockoff ?
and if i just took one from the scrapyard and solder the AM29F800BB onto it and then try to flash maps should it then work ?
BlackT

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2023, 06:19:58 PM »

Use boot mode with galleto 1260 software and do full flash
prj

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2023, 04:59:53 AM »

Is there any way to verify this?  on the picture i took it looks like the AM29F800BT and thats also what it says on top. or do you mean its a chinese knockoff ?
and if i just took one from the scrapyard and solder the AM29F800BB onto it and then try to flash maps should it then work ?

The ECU is supposed to have a 29F800BB. If you have a 29F800BT there then the chip is not original, someone soldered the wrong chip there and you will never ever be able to flash it by OBD.
Gallletto will work in boot (MPPS won't) and every single time you flash by OBD you will again brick the ECU.

Yes you can take any 1mb ME7 from a scrapyard and take the chip from there or you can search online. The exact chip models that will work for you are:
AM29F800BB-55SE and AM29F800BB-70SE

You can find them easily on eBay for a couple of $.

Log your car properly.
joshuaVDgraaf

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2023, 04:48:30 AM »

The ECU is supposed to have a 29F800BB. If you have a 29F800BT there then the chip is not original, someone soldered the wrong chip there and you will never ever be able to flash it by OBD.
Gallletto will work in boot (MPPS won't) and every single time you flash by OBD you will again brick the ECU.

Yes you can take any 1mb ME7 from a scrapyard and take the chip from there or you can search online. The exact chip models that will work for you are:
AM29F800BB-55SE and AM29F800BB-70SE

You can find them easily on eBay for a couple of $.

if i obtain the chip can I solder it directly to the ecu and overwrite with bootmode or does it need to be flashed first.
this is for me the first time something happens like this so i have no idea what to do and on the steps involved.
also i dont have a flasher so if it requires pre-flash I need to find someone in the netherlands who can.
prj

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2023, 05:05:32 AM »

if i obtain the chip can I solder it directly to the ecu and overwrite with bootmode or does it need to be flashed first.
Of course you can solder a blank chip.
The bootstrap mode on the ECU is a function of the MCU hardware, it does not care at all what is on the flash chip or whether even the flash chip is present.
As long as the MCU address line is grounded it will happily enter boot mode and accept a bootstrap loader.

So you absolutely can buy a new blank chip, swap it out, and then program the software in bootmode.
I've done that myself many times because the PSOP-44 flashing adapters are super fiddly and it is much faster to solder it and then flash it in boot.

Log your car properly.
BlackT

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2023, 05:07:39 AM »

Yust flash it in boot mode with galleto 1260, no need to do adition effort soldering beacuse you are not going to tune it every day, it is N/A engine. Flash stock file, if need dellete emision and good to go
joshuaVDgraaf

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2023, 08:00:48 AM »

Of course you can solder a blank chip.
The bootstrap mode on the ECU is a function of the MCU hardware, it does not care at all what is on the flash chip or whether even the flash chip is present.
As long as the MCU address line is grounded it will happily enter boot mode and accept a bootstrap loader.

So you absolutely can buy a new blank chip, swap it out, and then program the software in bootmode.
I've done that myself many times because the PSOP-44 flashing adapters are super fiddly and it is much faster to solder it and then flash it in boot.

I got an AM29F800BB-70SI from a 1.8T me7.5. it still contains data. does that matter ?
joshuaVDgraaf

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2023, 08:03:12 AM »

Yust flash it in boot mode with galleto 1260, no need to do adition effort soldering beacuse you are not going to tune it every day, it is N/A engine. Flash stock file, if need dellete emision and good to go

I know but i want the ecu to be working and if i flash other software i dont want this crash again. so if it supoosed to have a AM29800BB then i will replace it and so that i can flash it with OBD2, also i dont have galetto cable
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 09:43:35 AM by joshuaVDgraaf » Logged
prj

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2023, 08:58:50 AM »

I got an AM29F800BB-70SI from a 1.8T me7.5. it still contains data. does that matter ?
Probably not, just make sure the first time you power it on it is in bootmode.
The bootrom should be different on 1.8T so it should crash anyway, in case it is the same bootrom, you could theoretically trash your eeprom.

As long as you never power it on without having pin 24 grounded it will never try to even hit the flash.

Log your car properly.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: