Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Wierd lean condition  (Read 56943 times)
matchew

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »

What is the RAM location of FKHFM?
Bische

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »

What is the RAM location of FKHFM?

This is from the setzi logger generated .ecu file:

fkhfm, {}, 0x380A0C,  1,  0x0000, {-}       , 0, 0,    0.0078125,      0, {HFM-Korrekturfaktor}

Here is a link to my .bin:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1103.0;attach=1399
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:19:40 PM by Bische » Logged
matchew

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »

0x380A0C is converted to 16 bit and put in 0x381F72 which seems to be used for some sort of recursion algo.

Ive not got the the bottom of it quite yet. I guess there is a few things we could do to stop it doing it, or to chase it to find the cause.

Bische

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 12:46:35 AM »

0x380A0C is converted to 16 bit and put in 0x381F72 which seems to be used for some sort of recursion algo.

Ive not got the the bottom of it quite yet. I guess there is a few things we could do to stop it doing it, or to chase it to find the cause.

Thank you for looking at this! I hope one day get to learn how to do this and contribute back.

It so strange, logging fkhfm variable should only show 1 at all times since my KFKHFM is all 1's at all points.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.
matchew

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 01:26:24 AM »

Can you email me the actual file that is making these logs please?
Bische

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 02:31:30 AM »

Can you email me the actual file that is making these logs please?

Since I am using Maestro the file is encrypted(?), but I can mail it to you if you want to take a look.

I think I am on to something:

This codeword is set in my binary, and it is a very long diagram, but I have the end variables and I will take a log with those:

CWFKSDKA is not set in s4's, rs4's or other 1.8t files I have. I really do hope this is what causing my condition, but if it is I will have to go over to the dark side and ditch Maestro(well, this is only a question of time before I have to).

Im a little anxious to begin flashing with NefMoto and editing with Winols, not that I dont think its working, but Im getting a bit paranoid since I dont have the tools at hand to recover a bricked ECU. Is Winols checksum corrector considerd safe? I have tested it once by altered a file, correct it and run it in the Setzi checksum checker with success. I have heard stories about the MTX plugin not correcting everything as it should..

Going roadtrip tomorrow, and I really would like this to be solved before. Ahh decisions...
prj

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 04:28:07 AM »

Get boot mode tools first.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
lulu2003

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 04:32:09 AM »

really interesting!
the only reason according to FR fkhfm can differ in your case from 1 is your sy_turbo state, did you check that? (i know it's weird!!).

matchew

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 06:05:30 AM »

SY_TURBO will not change the state of fkhfm.

The fact that you are using M7 could be the cause of this, the fact that you dont know what they are doing to the file. Ive disassembled the stock file and it matches the FR, only 2 things can change fkhfm. KFKHFM, and init. value of 1.0

Winols is used by all the big tuners and is the most trusted tool in the industry.

Bische

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 07:32:38 AM »

SY_TURBO will not change the state of fkhfm.

The fact that you are using M7 could be the cause of this, the fact that you dont know what they are doing to the file. Ive disassembled the stock file and it matches the FR, only 2 things can change fkhfm. KFKHFM, and init. value of 1.0

Winols is used by all the big tuners and is the most trusted tool in the industry.

Thank you for confirming this, thanks very much. Now I have no choice but go winols instead.

I would be very interested to pull the file on my car now and have a look at it in Winols, is there any way of doing this without boot mode? I assume my file in there is non readable
matchew

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 07:35:08 AM »

I assume my file in there is non readable

The fact that you can read RAM values shows that the file can be read, maybe not using standard protocol, but it can be read.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:43:52 AM by matchew » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 08:23:01 AM »

ugh. I wish you'd mentioned that it is M7 earlier. Just write your own file and get it over with.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Bische

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 10:54:12 AM »

The fact that you can read RAM values shows that the file can be read, maybe not using standard protocol, but it cant be read.

I will head out to the garage and give it a try with Nefmoto, I hope it works  Smiley

ugh. I wish you'd mentioned that it is M7 earlier. Just write your own file and get it over with.

I listed M7 in my first post Wink

Im currently in the process of transferring my tuned maps from M7 to Winols, I really like the version tracker/comparation in winols actually.

Galletto cable is ordered also, thanks everyone for your help, I really appriciate it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »

Bische, apologies i must have missed it.

In any case, i think you are FULLY capable of doing this 100% on your own without M7 Smiley

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Bische

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 11:36:18 AM »

Bische, apologies i must have missed it.

In any case, i think you are FULLY capable of doing this 100% on your own without M7 Smiley

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

NP man Smiley

Yeah I dont doubt I can do it, my fear is if something else goes wrong and brick my ECU. Normally I would not care to brick the ECU(I know I will brick it at some point, and deal with it), I can take my bike to work lol, but tomorrow I need to have my car running. Highly preferrable without this MAF condition.

Tried to read the ECU with Nefmoto and got the aftermarket tuner lockout message.

EDIT: I also mailed Tapp to see what he says about this problem.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:51:50 AM by Bische » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: