Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Med9.1 Mapswitch on existing P&B Rear window heater and Launch control  (Read 703 times)
R3dsn0w

Hey Guys  Wink

So as the topic says, I`ve got a little problem I want someone of you to solve. Since I can`t make my own Map switch neither do I have the Knowledge to do. The File attached is from a MK5Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out for help with a problem I'm facing. I'm looking to create a map switch for my car, but I don't have the knowledge to do it myself. I've attached a file from a MK5 Gti BWA which already has a great Stage 2 tune from a German tuner, but it's unprotected. I've asked around for help creating a launch control, but I haven't had much luck. Fortunately, I found Launch9, which worked perfectly fine. I was also able to successfully code pops and bangs on A/C, which turned out to be pretty impressive. They're not too loud or aggressive like most pops and bangs I've heard, but they're good for something that I made myself. I then found someone who could make the pops and bangs on the rear window heater button using WinOls solutions. However, the Launch9 code for launch control and the pasted pops and bangs code didn't work well together, so he had to rewrite the launch and make it work so that I could have both. My question now is whether it's possible to add a map switch that I can configure myself for my upcoming K04 upgrade or if I have to choose between a map switch or pops and bangs. I'm willing to pay someone who can help me with this.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thank you!
R3dsn0w

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 02:25:06 PM »

I forgot to mention that I have seen DecimalTenths doing a Mappack Import in this Video at minute 3:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KpqrHMVOOM&ab_channel=DecimalTenths
So that he can run multiple Boost maps in one file and switching them.
elias

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 12:57:36 PM »

Its possible to code both "pop and bangs" and also the mapwitch together. The sky is the limit if it comes to programming custom code. It just depends on your briefcase.

However you need to think about how to "switch" both on/off:
If i were you, i would consider installing some custom Buttons in your middle console. They are cheap available on Aliexpress. Search for "golf 5 middle console button". There are sellers where you can even customize the button to your needs - make a exhaust sign or a "mapswitch" sign and let them print it on the button.

Then you either need:
1. Wire them to the ECU IO Pins and let someone program a custom solution for it
2. Wire them to some can transceiver board. It could be custom made or prebuilt - have a look at CFE18 from canchecked

Either way you need someone who will create a custom solution for your needs.

PS: I was also searching for someone who could make my scirocco gauges work, and havent found anybody willing to do the job. in the end i had to do it myself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: