Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Starting Over  (Read 361 times)
Moraga_C5_A6

« on: March 09, 2024, 11:19:32 AM »

My older brother, who passed away, recently, was a Nefmoto member back in 2012. Anyway, he left me his 2004 Audi C5 A6 2.7T, S-Line, with only 32,800 miles on it. The car looks like it just drove off the new car lot. He had returned it to bone stock, except for the K04 turbos, and upgraded diverter valves.  He even put back in the original ECU, no tune ( totally stock ).  I have no idea what he did with his tuned ECU. He let me drive the car, once, back around 2015, and the power felt unbelievable, compared to how it is today.
So, now I want to learn how to tune a “BEL” ECU, starting from the beginning. I have his laptop with a registered copy of VCDS Lite, and it also has programs called “VAG-Tacho” and “Vag-Commander”, along with the Nefmoto flasher program. 
I can tell by reading a lot from Nefmoto, that you guys are really smart, and this could all be out of my league. Anyway, so my question is: Can a BEL ECU be tuned by a rookie noob like me, or should I buy a tune from one of the several companies that sell tunes.  I’m not super intelligent, but I’m not a moron, either.  I’m a retired US Army helicopter pilot/instructor, after 20 years, so I don’t have no experience in ECU tuning / electronics. This is totally new territory for me.  I can wrench a car pretty well:   Do you think I have a chance of learning how to tune my ECU, or a spare ECU, or would I be a waste of your time. Please be brutally honest. Thank you for allowing me to join!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JeanAwt

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 05:02:43 AM »

hello, look in the pc there may be the adjusted files (see if there is winols for example with the old files in it). Starting from scratch will take a lot of time. I'll be in your place, I'll go have it adjusted correctly and I'll make the most of it...great car.

(still wait for the answers from the intelligent people on the forum ^^ I'm a little French beginner who does this just for fun)

A4 B5 avant 1.8T 2000 NO QUATTRO
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 10:49:39 PM »

32,800 original miles... The PC has vagtacho installed on it...  I'm sure that milage is NOT original.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nupustas

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 11:26:22 PM »

Do you think I have a chance of learning how to tune my ECU, or a spare ECU, or would I be a waste of your time. Please be brutally honest.

It's not worth, if it's not your hobby or job. It would be much cheaper and better to find tuning company if your goal to tune just this one car . I started from zero, spent few years in this forum while understand basics how to tune ME7.5 "almost properly", not just with maxing values. Most newbies just disappears after a few tries.

But if you have enough time and want to DIY, why not.Reading S4 wiki page and noob section in this page are good way to start

Also 100perc agree with _nameless; instaled tacho and commander indicates about corrected millage Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: