Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Med17.9.3 Rev hang  (Read 442 times)
roy_bws

« on: March 26, 2024, 11:31:03 PM »

Hello!

I’m working on a med17.9.3 from a civic type r fk2 (my own car) and i’m a bit confused about the rev hang issue that all this cars have. When you accelerate and leave the throttle, the rpm doesn’t drop instantly, the ecu mantain it for 1 or 2 seconds.

Investigating a bit i’ve read some people with other types of med17 that they solved this issue lowering the maps responsible for minimum filling in bgrlmin module. Others also talk about lsd function.

Anyone solved this problem in this or any other med17 and can give me some advice please? I attach a complete damos for this ecu if anyone need it for check.

Thanks!!
prj

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 12:47:43 AM »

Usually DASHPOT or LSD is the answer.

BGRLMIN does not really matter, because if the torque request is low enough the ECU will cut cylinders.
There's SAWE cutoff delays too though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 12:49:17 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
roy_bws

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 01:49:36 AM »

Thanks PRJ, propper logging will come soon.

But first of all i will need to search more about lsd and dashpot. They are not functions that i fully understand them.

Any thougt on wich maps/part are most important?

Thanks!!
roy_bws

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 06:44:37 AM »

Usually DASHPOT or LSD is the answer.

BGRLMIN does not really matter, because if the torque request is low enough the ECU will cut cylinders.
There's SAWE cutoff delays too though.

Thanks for your edit

After a fast search i don’t see any module/map related to dashpot (there’s no mdfaw module too). The only thing that i found it’s the module bbsafg (fuel cut off) has some delay times.
prj

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 07:15:26 AM »

That's because it's called ASDrf in this MED17 ECU.
There's a ton of filters, but changing shit randomly is a complete waste of time on an ECU with 25000+ calibratable labels.

Log and figure out what is causing it, then change it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
roy_bws

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 01:43:21 PM »

That's because it's called ASDrf in this MED17 ECU.
There's a ton of filters, but changing shit randomly is a complete waste of time on an ECU with 25000+ calibratable labels.

Log and figure out what is causing it, then change it.

Thanks!

Off course change things randomly it’s not the way to go. And previous to all i will look at damos and try to understand what i see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: