Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MED17 Inkonsistenz Bit  (Read 2032 times)
prj

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2024, 03:26:26 PM »

If you really need to do a lot of development then patch your code hooks and make them conditionally jump to ram if some bit is set in ram, if not just return back.
Then you can just load code into the running ASW on the fly.

You only have to flash if you need to add more hooks.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
fastboatster

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2024, 03:33:41 PM »

that seems like a better overall approach, thanks! feels cleaner than doing CAL flashes.
Artemisia

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2024, 12:24:06 PM »

that would be great! I'm not changing calibrations at the moment and doing some ugly "custom code" right now, but this still will be helpful.
In a mean time, I relocating some parts of the routines I wanted to hijack into CAL area, this way, I don't have to do the entire asw flash too often and make do with quick CAL flashes. perhaps this can be a solution for OPs problem?
P.S. when talking about MEVD17, are you talking only about F-series DMEs or are you planning to include E series DMEs as well?

If you really need to do a lot of development then patch your code hooks and make them conditionally jump to ram if some bit is set in ram, if not just return back.
Then you can just load code into the running ASW on the fly.

You only have to flash if you need to add more hooks.

Thank you. I like those ideas, and I will look to use them in the meantime. Mainly looking to implement boost control and flex fuel capabilities on ME controllers

I also attached document that describe the CCP 2.1, if it can be of any use to someone. There is BypEtk_stAscet_C that has my interest at the moment, I have to study the code behind it and if B_ecudev is needed

https://mega.nz/file/tItyiCCa#w5LMN9FpTjFqmymp_8vfpbmQaqm2jGH6m4B-_hwvHw4
« Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 12:29:47 PM by Artemisia » Logged
prj

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2024, 12:34:02 PM »

Keep in mind that CCP does not go through GW, so you will need to tap PTCAN directly (or change the CAN ID's to some other control unit not present in the car, but where the GW does not block comms).
You also need to bypass some checks in the ASW to enable it for calibration.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 12:36:22 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: