Pages: [1]
Author Topic: !!! 8P0920981J Dashboard dead !!!  (Read 942 times)
eliotroyano

« on: July 07, 2024, 09:29:31 AM »

Hi friends to mention the story in a short way. I was trying to retrofit a 8P0920981J S3 cluster in a A3 8P and was dead during the bench process.

I do the immo data clear procedure in the 24LC32 to charge it again via OBD2. The problem was that I was not able to charge that eeprom dump again via OBD2. At end when I turn off the dashboard it does not come to life again. All needles displays light was off. Just let do diagnostics with weird caracters as result and no DTC clean capabilites.

After that I take CDC3217G flash read with xprog (with dashboard dead) and 24LC32 original read with a programmer before block the dashboard. These dumps are attached.
Then, can you help me recover the flash dump to take it back to life? or will be better to find a working pair (flash+eeprom) reflash it and start over? I that case do you have a working pair?

Thanks, Elliot
MirXas

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 01:33:12 PM »

Is this a red cluster or a black/white facelift one ? I may have a working eep and flash dump, or can make you a compatible one from another dump. But only tomorrow.
eliotroyano

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 01:38:28 PM »

Is this a red cluster or a black/white facelift one ? I may have a working eep and flash dump, or can make you a compatible one from another dump. But only tomorrow.

It is a red facelift cluster.
Really thanks friend.
eliotroyano

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024, 02:01:22 PM »

It is a red facelift cluster.
Really thanks friend.

If this can help you I found this apparently working backup in the net.
eliotroyano

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2024, 05:21:32 AM »

hi did you take a look?
MirXas

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2024, 11:43:26 AM »

Completely forgot about this. Will do tomorrow, not at work anymore. Either way, you can flash the eeprom and flash pair and see if its working. If it is, I can transfer your immo data to it. Only if your ori eeprom immo block is not corrupt.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 11:45:40 AM by MirXas » Logged
eliotroyano

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2024, 12:42:52 PM »

Completely forgot about this. Will do tomorrow, not at work anymore. Either way, you can flash the eeprom and flash pair and see if its working. If it is, I can transfer your immo data to it. Only if your ori eeprom immo block is not corrupt.

I have done (wrote complete alternative backup) that several times without luck. Eeprom is written without issue. But Micronas flash starts write and finish but abort immediately after start of write verify process. It shows an error like violation ID xxxxxx.
MirXas

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2024, 01:45:21 PM »

Something is not right with your xprog or your connections it seems. I've never encountered a cdc3217g damaged to a level it wont write correctly.
eliotroyano

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2024, 03:22:53 PM »

Something is not right with your xprog or your connections it seems. I've never encountered a cdc3217g damaged to a level it wont write correctly.

I have notice that reads in Micronas using XProg are something different from many files I have seen in the net. I am using a XProg V5.5 wDongle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: