Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Getting into EEPROM reading,writing and cluster swapping. Where to start?  (Read 643 times)
razvan7752

Hello everyone. As the title says, I am trying to get into swapping and recoding clusters, but honestly I feel overwhelmed and I can't find any sort of guide anywhere.. My only contact with this sort of stuff was on a MK4 Golf. I used VAG EEPROM Programmer 1.19 with a cheap KLINE cable to pull the PIN for the clusters then used VCDS for the adaptations. But recently a friend of mine wanted to swap his clusters on a 2004 Audi A3 (8P). Apparently his car has CANBUS so from what I've gathered from the internet you can't use EEPROM Programmer since the memory itself is different or something. Out of curiosity I pulled apart his clusters and the part number is 8P0 920 900 D, manufacturing date 20.10.2003, and I guess on the Inside I saw the EEPROM memory chip which had 93c86 written on it along with some other text I don't remember. The ECU part number (I gathered this from a VCDS scan) is 03G 906 016 J. So, what tools/programs I need to read his EEPROM and get the pin so I can recode the new clusters? I am willing to buy new tools, parts etc since my goal is to get into this stuff more. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: