Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: B6/b7 s4 manual swap  (Read 6198 times)
_nameless

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2024, 08:30:06 AM »

Look at the picture closely and look at how you have it

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2024, 08:38:59 AM »

Also, after power you need to remove the boot pin.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
gremlin

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2024, 09:07:55 AM »

Check the pins you used on the 81-pin connector.
It should be as shown on the picture.
For your ME7.1.1 ECU +12V voltage should be applied to all 3 pins ->3, 62 and 21 !!!
Matthewest91

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2024, 05:44:10 AM »

Look at the picture closely and look at how you have it
This is how it was hooked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matthewest91

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2024, 07:28:47 AM »

Check the pins you used on the 81-pin connector.
It should be as shown on the picture.
For your ME7.1.1 ECU +12V voltage should be applied to all 3 pins ->3, 62 and 21 !!!
Was able to read b6 s4 ecu with the bench harness.
Id have to look at the harness to see what 81 is doing , not sure I have anything hooked up to that pin or not

_nameless

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2024, 07:58:17 AM »

Was able to read b6 s4 ecu with the bench harness.
If have to look at the harness to see what 81 is doing , not sure I have anything hooked up to that pin or not

81 is in reference to the big plug not an actual pin number

Matthewest91

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2024, 08:00:01 AM »

81 is in reference to the big plug not an actual pin number
But all should be gravy and not need to change anything ?

Geomeo

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2024, 07:07:32 PM »

Mac parallels?
Matthewest91

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2024, 06:06:04 AM »

Mac parallels?
Not on this setup. Straight windows computer

Matthewest91

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2024, 12:12:00 PM »

Mac parallels?
You’re familiar with this ecu?

Geomeo

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2024, 02:13:57 PM »

You’re familiar with this ecu?

I'm familiar yes.  But a couple of years ago I teamviewered into your Mac and was wondering if you were still trying that. Or did you get yourself an old trusty XP machine?? There's probably a line broken to the chip on the board.  Purchase another couple of these ECU's.  They are cheap as dirt.   And you can't go wrong having backup.  Well in saying that dirt is pretty expensive these days.  Some bunch of dickheads in DC keep taxing the shit out of us all.

George
Matthewest91

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2024, 03:32:08 PM »

I remember!
Ya I picked up a dedicated laptop for this stuff.

I’ve fried a previous ecu. This time around I was extremely meticulous about what I was doing. This ecu should not be damaged.
Matthewest91

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2024, 04:11:51 PM »

What I can take from this info provided by you and others is that the ecu Must  be fried or broken because it’s not reading the ecu HA!

Now that I have a better understanding of the steps required to read in boot mode.
The only thing I see that could be an issue is 1k ohm resistor not making good contact with the cnf1 ship or the yellow chips solder points.

Unless the ecu was damaged from regular wear and tear ( which I guess is possible, but unlikely I’m my eyes) I don’t see how I could have done something wrong.
No solder joints other than what was pointed out in the pictures were touched.
Along side that I did the regular boot pin wire to pin 24 for a few seconds at start up and then release.

I will look for another b7 ecu tho!

I’m curious now,
If I find a manual ecu can I simply defeat the immo and then just code the cars cluster and ABS and be done with it ?
_nameless

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2024, 04:44:03 PM »

If you switch off the immo you don't need to adapt anything with the cluster, that's one of the main reasonings for immo off in the first place.

Artemisia

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2024, 05:15:12 PM »

What I can take from this info provided by you and others is that the ecu Must  be fried or broken because it’s not reading the ecu HA!

Now that I have a better understanding of the steps required to read in boot mode.
The only thing I see that could be an issue is 1k ohm resistor not making good contact with the cnf1 ship or the yellow chips solder points.

Unless the ecu was damaged from regular wear and tear ( which I guess is possible, but unlikely I’m my eyes) I don’t see how I could have done something wrong.
No solder joints other than what was pointed out in the pictures were touched.
Along side that I did the regular boot pin wire to pin 24 for a few seconds at start up and then release.

I will look for another b7 ecu tho!

I’m curious now,
If I find a manual ecu can I simply defeat the immo and then just code the cars cluster and ABS and be done with it ?

Have you tried to boot the ECU normally and connect to it through VCDS ? (to validate it is booting properly). ST10Ripper should work to read your ECU by OBD2 without bootmode

You can then flash it through OBD2 with MPPS or if you have access to a J2534 cable I can flash it remotely if you need help

MPPS can read the flash, but it takes about 30 mins. ST10Ripper will read it faster and it will let you read the MPC
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 05:20:15 PM by Artemisia » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: