Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Audi S4 Single Turbo  (Read 28420 times)
vwaudiguy

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 06:36:21 PM »

Yup. The filters I run are 10" long with 8" diameter bases. You need to at least match teh stock air filter, or else why not keep the stock air filter!

Good to know. I'll pass that info on to the owner. We did that car a few years ago, I hope I can still get a hold of him!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Imho

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 05:37:36 AM »

Old topic but maybe someone still reads Wink
How to solve issue with two O2 sensors ? do you have both of them connected or one is somehow removed from SW ?
prj

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2021, 06:15:09 AM »

You can either fit both, but they have to be pre-turbo, and the EGT kills them there very fast unfortunately.
Or you need to fit one post-turbo, but then the SW needs a patch to force the trims and adapts to be equal always.

You can't just put 2 in the same pipe, otherwise one will go -25% and other will go +25%.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Imho

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2021, 06:27:13 AM »

Thanks for response prj, I am now in middle of reading this thread: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2112.165 trying to understand whats going on Wink

is that so there need to be some offset between both o2 readings otherwise it goes crazy ?
prj

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2021, 07:40:10 AM »

No, there does not need to be any offset.
This is a simple mathematical problem due to the way the lambda measures.

If you stick them both in the same pipe, one will eventually go all the way negative and the other all the way positive.
And if you don't catch it you will blow up the engine.

It doesn't matter really why it happens, if you want to use a single o2, you need to correct the code to have only one trim for both banks.

Log your car properly.
cherry

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2021, 03:11:29 PM »

What if you connect one lambda probe to both input? For wideband this is not possible for sure, but these are only narrowband. Or will it force an error similar "input signal short circuit" ? Maybe a wideband controller with narrowband simulation output?
_nameless

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2021, 03:21:12 PM »

Its cover quite decently in the wiki for that exact engine lol

Define these as 16 bit (do not designate LoHi or LSB), output type will be Hex digits. Still under development - may not work properly

Delete B1
0x3C8BE
0x3C8D0
0x3E832
Original value will be 1A91, to replace with B2 input change to 1891.

Delete B2
0x3C8F0
0x3C902
0x3EA90
Original value will be 1891, to replace with B1 input change to 1A91.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
prj

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2021, 03:30:01 PM »

What if you connect one lambda probe to both input? For wideband this is not possible for sure, but these are only narrowband. Or will it force an error similar "input signal short circuit" ? Maybe a wideband controller with narrowband simulation output?
Will not work. One bank trim will go negative and other positive.
This is 3rd time I say this, perhaps enough?

Log your car properly.
cherry

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2021, 03:47:17 PM »

You said if you stick both probes to one pipe, not one probe to both input ;-) And nobody mentioned about a aftermarket wideband controller which have 2 output with same signal.

Anyway i was just thinking about it, i have no need for it.
prj

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2021, 03:01:47 AM »

FML dude.

It does not matter if there is any signal at all.

Go take a math class and see what happens when you have two separate pid controllers trying to control one output based on the same feedback value.

This has nothing to do with lambdas, engines, narrowband, wideband. How can you be so thick?
If you even write a simple computer simulation with two pid controllers and an amplitude signal, each contributing half then they will always end up on the opposite maximums.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:03:23 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2021, 09:19:54 AM »

FML dude.

It does not matter if there is any signal at all.

Go take a math class and see what happens when you have two separate pid controllers trying to control one output based on the same feedback value.

This has nothing to do with lambdas, engines, narrowband, wideband. How can you be so thick?
If you even write a simple computer simulation with two pid controllers and an amplitude signal, each contributing half then they will always end up on the opposite maximums.

The biggest dividing factor on this forum is education / life experience. Personally was a HVAC tech for 15 years specializing diagnostics and repair Hydro, solar, geothermal, natural gas, and LP. Carrier change led me into pneumatics and hydraulics system controls. Designing and building electric over hydraulic radio controls and pneumatic pid control systems. Always wrenching and building project cars then having to find someone else to calibrate it for me. I started to tune my own cars and took a solid 10 years to get a solid grasp of standalone ecus. Motronics, finding maps, winols, etc was a whole new world and that alone took 10 years lol. I guess my point is this forum is hobbyist based (as far as I can tell) and you may have a better understanding then whom you're speaking with. Personally when I find myself in this situation Ill spend the extra time to educate myself on the topic in question.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
prj

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2021, 10:02:06 AM »

It's not about the background, it's about when you tell someone three times what is going to happen and they just ignore it.

Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2021, 01:10:12 PM »

It's not about the background, it's about when you tell someone three times what is going to happen and they just ignore it.
Fair point.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: