Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reading Med17.5 protocol 203 problem...  (Read 256 times)
Silvertinum

« on: October 20, 2024, 06:14:26 AM »

Hello to all. I'm a french guy so i hope you will understand my english.
I got a Kessv2 5.017 Master (Clone), and Ksuite 2.80.
I did a lot of reading/writing with med 9.1 for example and it worked perfectly.

Today i wanted to read the file of my MK6 Golf 155kw CCZB DSG6 (Med 17.5) protocol 203. (obd2)

I had a message who say that the ecu is not recognized(i already saw it with an A4 i choose to continue and it worked), so i choose continue, start reading, the reading is starting well, but at the end when there is about 1 minute 15 left, at 75% of the reading, it stop, tell me to switch off the contact and save a log , and i don't have a window to save my file on my computer contrary to my others reading. I don't see my file nowhere and i think it's because it don't do the reading to the 100%. How can i do it someone can help me please? Thanks a lot guys.
Artemisia

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2024, 08:45:05 AM »

Hello to all. I'm a french guy so i hope you will understand my english.
I got a Kessv2 5.017 Master (Clone), and Ksuite 2.80.
I did a lot of reading/writing with med 9.1 for example and it worked perfectly.

Today i wanted to read the file of my MK6 Golf 155kw CCZB DSG6 (Med 17.5) protocol 203. (obd2)

I had a message who say that the ecu is not recognized(i already saw it with an A4 i choose to continue and it worked), so i choose continue, start reading, the reading is starting well, but at the end when there is about 1 minute 15 left, at 75% of the reading, it stop, tell me to switch off the contact and save a log , and i don't have a window to save my file on my computer contrary to my others reading. I don't see my file nowhere and i think it's because it don't do the reading to the 100%. How can i do it someone can help me please? Thanks a lot guys.

Protocol 203 will only allow to read the calibration area and clone units can prevent future flashing attempt. I would avoid using Kess V2

You can look into PCMFlash, module 65 is affordable, and it will allow flashing all 5 segments. It also provide VR read
« Last Edit: October 20, 2024, 08:48:39 AM by Artemisia » Logged
Silvertinum

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2024, 07:31:11 PM »

Thanks a lot for answered. Alright, i saw some People who read the Med 17.5 by OBD with this clone too and k.suite said read/write ok. I didn't know this...

So my only solution is to buy a pcmflash dongle and software that's the solution? Can you tell me where to buy it with good quality and latest software of PCM?

I did a lot with this kessv2 it's the first time that i have this oroblem
Silvertinum

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2024, 07:33:13 PM »

I tried to take my dsg file too and i got an error
Artemisia

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2024, 08:38:16 PM »

Thanks a lot for answered. Alright, i saw some People who read the Med 17.5 by OBD with this clone too and k.suite said read/write ok. I didn't know this...

So my only solution is to buy a pcmflash dongle and software that's the solution? Can you tell me where to buy it with good quality and latest software of PCM?

I did a lot with this kessv2 it's the first time that i have this oroblem

It does work if you only want to play with the calibration area, although since you are getting an error, and it is a clone, it is not a good idea to continue without the possibility of having support

If you really want to use Kess, I believe you can do it in boot mode

Not the only solution, but PCMFlash is the most affordable

For the dongle and module 65: https://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/pcmflash/
Latest software at the moment: https://pcmflash.ru/pcmflash-1.3.8-1.zip

I tried to take my dsg file too and i got an error

By OBD2, it is likely a VR readout and I don't think your clone tool can recover the file from Alientech

With VCDS/OBD11/ODIS, you can go into the transmission controller -> mvb 041. You should see an identification value like the following : "...._getriebe_DSG_..."

You can download the SGO that matches your ID, then convert it into a .bin. From there, you should be able to flash this file and start tuning your DSG
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: