Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: How to run the 551K/Q RS4 software on a 551M S4 ECU  (Read 62141 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2012, 12:32:29 PM »

The reason your car dies is immo!

De-immo your EEPROM.

I was gonna say, the euro/asia ECU's have IMMO programming.

That said,  are you guys sure the ECU's are 100% the same?  I have a hard time believing that for some reason.  Has anyone checked the pinouts between a euro RS4 and a US S4 on schematics? Or are you all just going on assumptions they're identical?

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
s5fourdoor

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »

I was gonna say, the euro/asia ECU's have IMMO programming.

That said,  are you guys sure the ECU's are 100% the same?  I have a hard time believing that for some reason.  Has anyone checked the pinouts between a euro RS4 and a US S4 on schematics? Or are you all just going on assumptions they're identical?

I haven't, but it'd be great to have assistance here.  Jibberjive is going to resume trying this sometime this week I believe, and Snowtrooper too.
phila_dot

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »

Won't a simple cluster recode take care of that P1650?
s5fourdoor

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2012, 02:50:06 PM »

You'd think so, but it didn't work for my car.  I had to code it out, something about the code "CLACINS".
You are referring to this, right? http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Cluster_recode

audituned

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »

Now we must have a look to the coding mechanism of "VARDEF", or both RS4 versions can only be used with cars which have ASR/ESP over CAN.

What`s with the problem-solving approach of "newt"?

Trying to help you find the coding tables. Do some 16bit decimal searching for the codings you know do work on a given ECU, you'll very quickly find both the tables I mentioned. The table with the associated flags will show you all possible coding combos for the flags. Whether or not they all work as expected depends on the ECU, once you unlock the coding access table you're free to recode this thing all over the place and try 'em out.

Hint 2: I think you have half the access table defined inside of a map in the ols from here. At least one of the random self defined ols' I found did.
RS4boost

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »

Trying to help you find the coding tables. Do some 16bit decimal searching for the codings you know do work on a given ECU, you'll very quickly find both the tables I mentioned. The table with the associated flags will show you all possible coding combos for the flags. Whether or not they all work as expected depends on the ECU, once you unlock the coding access table you're free to recode this thing all over the place and try 'em out.

Hint 2: I think you have half the access table defined inside of a map in the ols from here. At least one of the random self defined ols' I found did.

There is a hint in the Audi/VW dokument, repair and info system called ELSA, that the 551Kand Q are fix coded for the Euro or the japanese market,
and that they can`t be recoded by a workshop diagnostic tool.
So I can`t search for an other possible ECU coding in both files, because I don`t know an other coding variant.

Can you show us an example in an other file?
Then we can try to compare the dump and search for the coding table part in the 551K.

Sorry, but I don`t understand your "hint 2".
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:21:54 PM by RS4boost » Logged

Rick

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2012, 02:32:56 PM »

Wiring is different between RS4 and other ECUs.

Rick
Snow Trooper

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2012, 02:35:34 PM »

Rick

I kinda recall that now, that's why we have to swap entire harness to federalize an RS4 and run s4 everything.

Can we pin swap?

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
s-company

« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2012, 12:44:39 AM »

Rick

thats correct, but no need to swap harness. its only one important wire (cam switching valve bank two, driver side).
so there are 3 options.

-change complete rs4 engine harness
-just fit this one missing wire (pin 115 from ECU)
-code out the fault (CLAENWSE2) in this case bank two is controlled together with bank1, like it is at all S4's

BR
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:50:03 AM by s-company » Logged
s5fourdoor

« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2012, 08:31:26 AM »

thats correct, but no need to swap harness. its only one important wire (cam switching ventil bank two, driver side).
so there are 3 options.

-change complete rs4 engine harness
-just fit this one missing wire (pin 115 from ECU)
-code out the fault (CLAENWSE2) in this case bank two is controlled together with bank1, like it is at all S4's

BR

So this doesn't even matter?   What does independent cam switching offer us?
If a wire could be plumbed without a harness mod, that' be ideal.
Honestly minus this error and the previous error, i think it seems easiest to code these two things out.
Is there any serious risk at all to coding it out?
s5fourdoor

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2012, 08:36:43 AM »

Thoughts on the secondary air pump and relay?  Does the RS not have these and hence the code?
If so what will occur to the S equipment without the engine ecu communicating to it?
I was under the impression that only TIP models had SAI stuff.   Help me understand please.
s-company

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »

hi,
there is no risk. you can code out all errors, it will work 100%. (except CLAENWSE2 you have to zero out all errors anyway, all the errors of sensors/valves you got are not needet!!)
if you want to have independent cam switching, just put in the missing wire to bank 2. zero it out too if you dont care about it. it will work just fine anyway.
BR
s5fourdoor

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2012, 09:43:27 AM »

Let me find the quick link here for these DTC's.  I'm going to add this to my XDF.  I believe that I'm a boot-flash away from being good to go.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »

awesome. I look forward to a digestible summary Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
s5fourdoor

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2012, 10:01:01 AM »

Does anyone know the updated formula given the RS4's relative DTC table to find the addresses we need to code out?

It sounds like we are supposed to just 0 out the airflap matrix.  I plan on using this as a meth controller after that's all understood...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: