Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 01 audi s4 holset turbo  (Read 11118 times)
Surferkirsch

« on: August 09, 2012, 11:26:08 PM »

So i bought this car with a worn out clutch about 6 months ago, 158xxx, decided to go ahead and upgrade to ko4s when i changed the clutch, along with a full gasket set. A week ago, the porcelin from a spark plug fell out of the plug and locked my right side turbo, destroying the wheels, and sending rediculous oil to my intake. I am good with engines and cars, but really? 2nd set of turbos, and ihave to go through hell to even check them? I decided as soon as the turbo went, i love this damn car too much to ever get rid of it, so i started my complete modification stage to make my life easier and my car even more fun. Im worried a bit about the tune,especially since i cant seem to get thefile to checksum anything, or figure out how to datalog, but once i start her up tommorrow im planning on spending allweekend datalogging. Smiley enjoy, i know im rediculously stoked about this.
marcellus

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »

What turbo are you using?
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 01:02:26 AM »

All of these single turbo threads have me eyeballing the PDR super hx-40 I have sitting in my backroom..........

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
cactusgreens4

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »

All of these single turbo threads have me eyeballing the PDR super hx-40 I have sitting in my backroom..........

DO IT!
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 01:09:03 PM »

I'm thinking that since it's not vgt it may be a bit laggy-any thoughts? Its got a ported 16cm exhaust housing on it...

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
cactusgreens4

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »

I'm thinking that since it's not vgt it may be a bit laggy-any thoughts? Its got a ported 16cm exhaust housing on it...

dont quote me on this but I think the variable geometry turbos are hard to control with our ecu's... or maybe thats just the 20v turbo I am thinking of.
Surferkirsch

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 11:35:16 AM »

not sure what it was, i took it all back apart again.. it was around an hx-40. it was too laggy for my liking. im currently building up the bottom end, and then im going to go with a smaller turbo, and make some header manifolds for it to give more air.
haggard69er

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 02:13:43 PM »

the 16cm2 housing on a stock block is way to big imo. I am also exploring holset turbos and have decided on a hx35 (seven blade comp), it will flow around 60lbs which will be what i need to obtain  my hp goal. you could also look for a smaller exhaust housing for your hx40 to help spool, but a smaller holset housing will most likely need to be machined out to fit. good luck!
prj

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 04:01:08 AM »

the 16cm2 housing on a stock block is way to big imo.

What?

I use these housings on the Audi 2.2T engine without any issue. The 16cm^2 is the smallest I use on those.
Considering this has 2.7 liters displacement, then no, I would say 16 is even a little on the small side for a HX40.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: