Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VP37-pump voltage-bigger nozzles  (Read 7439 times)
eazydaz

« on: August 09, 2012, 02:18:49 AM »

I have big nozzles (powerplus764 0.226umm) in my engine ALH 66kw VP37. It very smokes at low rpm..How do I change pump voltage map?

my orig.map
gregsback

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:30:46 AM »

Hi,
what is exactly your plan? I mean what do you want to change? What does the pump voltage change?

br
Greg
userpike

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:53:42 AM »

Cool
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:57:56 AM by userpike » Logged
gregsback

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:57:20 AM »

Hi,
all pump driven injection systems do not have the possibility to change the fuel pressure. This means all distributor pumps and UNIT PUMP can not change the pressure. This can only be done with CR systems. You could change the force on the inner spring (for the main Injection) to increase the injection pressure for Main Injection.
What naturaly changes the fuel pressure inside the Nozzle Tip is the pump speed, with fixed ratio to the engine speed. In addition the Nozzle size has an impact on the opening behaviour of the Injector Needle. The reason for this is, that with higher flow rate (=Nozzle hole diameter or number of holes) the pressure decreases. In the end this is in opposite to what is required for the combustion in low engine speed and low load. Therefore the behavior of your engine is as expected (even if it is not nice:-))

Now comming to your soot problem. Talking about soot formation there are finally two factors which cause the soot formation.
1.) local Lambda
The local lambda is described by the area where the fuel droplets react with the oxygen in the combustion chamber. The bigger the droplet is the more soot is generated due to the reduced reaction speed and availability of reaction Partner (O2 and HC). Therefore the reaction is shifted in direction CO and C (which is pure) soot.
2.) global lambda
This is the over all lambda calculated from fuel and air. The mechanism is comparable, like the local lambda, but here it is the pure amount of available oxygen for the reaction and less the reaction on thr droplrt surface.

Now coming to your problem.
I Think it will not be possible to change the local lambda due to the fact that the fuel pressure can not be changed (except for the spring force as explained above). What you can try is to change the SOI (start of injection) to increase the amount of homogenious mixture between air and fuel before (self)ignition. But I think the impact on soot creation is quite small.

Another thing is the global lambda. This can be influenced more easily. To increase the amount of oxygen it makes sence to decrease the amount of EGR, so to increase the desired air mass flow in the Table for M_air_Desired.
This of course only works in the area where the EGR is active. In addition you could increase the boost pressure, but this only works in higher part load and of course only if you have the VNT turbo charger.

Didi you try to change EGR rate already?
By the way, if you realize an increased combustion knock, this is quite norman, increaed EGR rate decreases the combustion speed and therefore the pressure rise / deg CA.

I would be interested about the outcome of your investigation.

BR
greg
eazydaz

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »

I got the information,that you change the nozzles(bigger nozzles),you need lower pump voltage,because its very smoke..it done only for vp37 engines..this is my problem,i have bigger nozzles powerplus764,a tuned the maps but car is still very smoke,therefore I want to try changed the pump voltage map..any ideas?

in my ecu(038906012FN) is pump voltage on adress 540E4 (15x16)
prj

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:15:12 PM »

I think he wants to say that he fitted bigger nozzles, so the pump linearization to reach a certain IQ is no longer correct.

Although the nozzles don't determine the amount of fuel, just how it is injected.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
gregsback

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 05:09:37 AM »

Hi,
Ok, I understand your point. That means the quantity information is not adopted to the bigger nozzles. This is in line with the problem, as the imput for the maps (e.g. airmass) is quantity and engine speed.
now the real quantity is much higher for the same "calculated" fuel mass therefore EGR for more injected quanity leads to increased soot. Makes sence.
This ends in the requirement to make the quantity adaptation. Is this Map then the right map to do so?

@eazydaz:
What is the Map name in Bosch Documentation? Then I can check in the docu.
what is the unit of the values? axis look like engine speed and injected quanitity, correct?

BR
Greg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: