Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Few questions for a beginner  (Read 2866 times)
USFDub

« on: August 24, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »

So, I've already successfully loaded my first tune, but it was pretty basic.  I only adjusted LDRXN to get a little more WOT boost http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2353.0title=.  I want to get a little more in depth now, but I seem to be missing a few key components.  I've been hesitant to ask because I didn't want to ask questions that were already covered, but I'm having no luck finding information on these things.

1.)  The CF values, does a negative number mean that timing was pulled by that many degrees (ignition was that many degrees closer to TDC)?  If so, I'm confused because my logs after increasing the boost are showing negative CF values under low load but all zero's at high load.

2.)  One of the things I see people talking about a lot are the long term and short term fuel trims.  Is this anything I should be concerned with on a mechanically stock engine, and if so, how do I find out what it is in the first place?

3.)  I've noticed that the xdf file I have for tunerpro for my ECU is missing quite a few of the maps that you guys are referencing.  I've been trying to learn how to make my own definition files but I'm totally lost.

I think all the info about my car and ECU is in the thread I referenced earlier, but let me know if I didn't include anything that's necessary.  If these are too many questions for one thread, let me know and I can break them up.
USFDub

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 06:19:32 AM »

So I did a few more log pulls last night and saw a few interesting things.

1.)  LDRXN has a max of 150 which should translate to 1800 mbar requested absolute pressure, but I'm seeing around 2000 mbar requested.

2.)  For some reason I'm getting a boost spike close to 2200 mbar when requested is 2000.  This didn't happen when I was doing log pulls about a month ago. 

3.)  According to ME7Logger, I'm not getting any ignition correction, but according to the VCDS-Lite logger, I'm getting some small corrections when I first get on the throttle.

I've attached my latest logs.  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I've learned a lot so far, but I'm still in the dark about some key things.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: