Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can't get NefMoto to read stock RS6 ecu  (Read 13465 times)
Milka

« on: August 29, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »

So the car is 2003 RS6, std ecu, but it's Australian (Similar to UK with Immobilizer).  I'm using genuine Rosstech cable RevB with Windows 7.

First time I tried reading it had security issues as I was trying it on the bench, so I tried again in the car and this time not security issues but it says "Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported"

See below for log:

Starting slow init connection.
Connecting to address 0x01.
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Connected
Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Reading all ECU info.
Starting diagnostic session.
Unable to properly start diagnostic session, attempting to continue with current undefined session.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
0% complete.
20% complete.
40% complete.
60% complete.
80% complete.
100% complete.
Read 5 ECU info entries:
   0x92, System Supplier ECU Hardware Number: 0261208051
   0x94, System Supplier ECU Software Number: 1037368087
   0x91, Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Hardware Number: 0x0D, , 0xFF
   0x9B, Calibration Date: 4D1907558B  , 0002, 0x03001678, 0x00064622, 0x0000, 4.2l V8/5VT    ,  G   
   0x9C, Calibration Equiment Software Number: 0x02000000
Restoring Windows sleep mode.
Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Reading ECU flash memory.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have been met.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Starting diagnostic session.
Successfully started diagnostic session.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
Starting to read data block.
Requesting upload from ECU for address range 0x00800000 to 0x00803FFF.
Disconnecting because no response was received for the Tester Present message.
Disconnected
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.
Restoring Windows sleep mode.   

Just for information, the ecu is able to be read using Unitronics cable and Dimsport or something like that both on bench and in car without needing to be put in boot mode.
Milka

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »

Oh also, just out of interest since I have converted to manual, I have to remove the TCU to get it to not run in limp mode, problem is that this actually lights up the ESP and ABS lights on the dash.. could this be causing a problem?
johnjohn

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »

Have you Vagcom'd it yet? It should popup with something about the TCU not being there, there should be a way to code that out.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:35:01 PM by johnjohn » Logged
prj

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 12:25:54 AM »

Yeah, all the gear detection maps need to be updated too...

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Milka

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 05:53:53 AM »

Have you Vagcom'd it yet? It should popup with something about the TCU not being there, there should be a way to code that out.

Yep it is throwing a fault code say can't communicate with TCU, don't know how to code it out?  Have tried recoding soft coding for manual but it does not stick...
Milka

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 05:56:03 AM »

Yeah, all the gear detection maps need to be updated too...

I'm sure they will, but no idea of how best to do that yet, first step is to be able to read/write the chip then I can figure out everything that needs to be done.
prj

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 06:45:16 AM »

Out of curiosity - where are you located?
Your gearbox swap and those mods would really benefit from real time emulation, as it would save you huge amounts of time.
You will need to change a lot of flags/things/maps to get it running well with a manual transmission, and if you have to flash all the time for that you will go nuts.

As for read and write - just get MPPS, it is amazing for all things VAG.

P.S. If read does not work with any tool, then it is likely upload was disabled in the ECU. You can still use a tool like ME7Logger to read out the entire binary though...

Log your car properly.
Milka

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 09:38:43 PM »

Yeah it's interesting as it does actually run quite well with just some Lemmiwinks tweaks so I don't run lean.  Only real issues I have are:

It tends to bunny hop in car parks around 1200rpm
Revs don't drop straight away when pushing the accelerator quickly and releasing
Sometimes it just idles around 1000rpm when at a stop and then drops down to 650rpm after a time
Occasionally the engine stalls after reving out and pushing in clutch and taking foot off accelerator

Other things I would like to do:
I would like to tune without the tweaks
Stock Injectors are at 100% running off the wastegates at ~12.5psi
So 850cc injectors going in with S4 MAF housings so I don't max out the MAFs

With the current Auto file with tweaks it gets a little rich through the mid range 10.5:1 and the gets to 12:1 at redline.

Oh nearly forgot, yeah my location is a bit of a problem, I'm in Sydney Australia!
prj

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 03:23:06 AM »

Yeah, you need to dial in lots of idle dependent things in the ECU for it to run normally.
Also, you must at least get data logging with ME7Logger working and have some ability to flash your ECU regardless, if you are going to tackle this yourself or have someone else do it for you.

So focus on that for now Smiley

Log your car properly.
Milka

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 06:43:13 AM »

Yup, will try Nefmoto again with the TCU back in place, I have also ordered MPPS and Galletto just in case

The ECU has been read by both Unitronics and DIMSport (or something) I just don't have access to either of these, so it is possible.
prj

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 07:38:36 AM »

Try with MPPS and see if it works.
Boot mode with galletto will always work, but it is more invasive.

There is also a chance that reading will not work (if your ECU is already tuned), but writing will.
If this is the case, try to find the original file for your ECU and then flash that for starters.

Also, I have the full RS6 damos, but I am not ready to post it publicly yet.
But I can help you with some harder constant locations, if you decide to tackle this on your own.

But swapping to a manual trans - the code in the ECU needs to be checked if there is all the clutch stuff present, and you need a clutch switch/wiring to the ecu if that is the case.
Torque reserve is different for example with clutch up and down, etc.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:40:44 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
Milka

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 01:23:52 AM »

Thanks, yeah I will try with MPPS as soon as it shows up.

The ECU is totally stock, I also have a tuned one with the immobilizer disabled and also an RS6 Plus ECU as a spare.  I would really like to see what I can do myself the thing is I don't know how to look for things like if the ECU knows it's a manual (i.e. Manual code for clutch in/out etc).  I have all the Clutch switch and wiring ready to go just need a couple of hours to put it in.  Once you disconnect the TCU the dash does stop showing the Auto Gear selection on the cluster, which I think is a good start, only thing is if you disonnect the TCU it turns on the ESP and ABS lights/CELs.

Thanks for your help with this
prj

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 02:33:05 AM »

I think you can try coding the ESP/ABS unit.

Log your car properly.
Milka

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 01:03:15 AM »

Ok so finally got the mpps cable and it worked straight away, would still really like to get Nefmoto working and use the premium features though.  Any ideas?
sweegie

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 01:07:04 PM »

Hi Milka,

Nice to see another RS6 owner on here! Your car looks like its got the potential to be quite epic Smiley

I've been working on a map layout for my RS6 for ages now, but haven't got round to actually trying to flashing anything yet as I dont have a spare ecu. I did have problems reading with the Nefmoto software, but my Galletto clone worked perfectly for me so far.

Just out of curiosity, can you see any difference at all between the Std and Plus ECUs?

I'll upload everything I've got regarding map layouts so far - its a start at least, but not tested or complete. Might be of use to someone I hope.

Cheers,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: