Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Disable SAI via UBSLMX?  (Read 29862 times)
AARDQ

« on: September 01, 2012, 10:43:44 PM »

Any reason why disabling SAI via minipulation of UBSLMX wouldn't work, setting it to, say, 2v (from 16v)? (Per the FR, UBSLMX is normally used to inhibit SAI during jump/boost starting).  Does anyone know of any other functions that rely on UBSLMX?  FR doesn't mention any.

Planning to code out SAI for a variety of reasons.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 11:53:07 PM »

Any particular reason CWKONABG wouldn't work for you?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AARDQ

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 08:24:32 AM »

So leave B_katfz at 1 and set  B_slsfz to 0 (i.e. set CWKONABG to 1 instead of 5)?  At this point I want to take an incremental approach and retain the other functions associated with the cats.  Indeed that's probably a 'purer' approach if I have it correct.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:40:47 PM by AARDQ » Logged
elRey

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »

looks like a very clean and simple way. Still need a couple more adjustments to be able to remove the relay and n112 without resistors.
prj

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 04:15:51 AM »

Can you say what exactly elRey?
I know the fuel trims will stop learning. I just removed all that on my RS4. I guess I will figure it out, just thinking if perhaps you'd like to share the codewords so I don't have to spend the time Tongue

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
elRey

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 06:29:03 AM »

I know the fuel trims will stop learning. I just removed all that on my RS4. I guess I will figure it out, just thinking if perhaps you'd like to share the codewords so I don't have to spend the time Tongue

ESKONF:SLV and SLP
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 09:28:51 AM »

Wait, which will cause the fuel trims to stop learning?

Can we summarize what is needed for two cases?

1) simply disable SAI (leaving hardware in place)
2) allow complete removal of SAI

Thanks!

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
k0mpresd

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 01:16:12 PM »

if you 00 that whole set of 01's @ ~18194 area that will cause fuel trims to stop learning.
k0mpresd

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 01:20:55 PM »

also, you can remove all parts of the sai system just by flipping those few bits except for the n112 valve.
for some reason unplugging the n112 will also cause the adaptation to stop working as well.
never figured a way around that one. maybe someone else knows.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 01:39:59 PM »

if you 00 that whole set of 01's @ ~18194 area that will cause fuel trims to stop learning.

Are you referring to CWKONABG?

So what should one do if you ONLY want to disable SAI (and DTCS) but leave all the hardware/wiring intact?

ECUx Plot

elRey

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 03:03:06 PM »

...for some reason unplugging the n112 will also cause the adaptation to stop working as well.
never figured a way around that one. maybe someone else knows.

ESKONF:SLV and SLP
AARDQ

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 06:47:27 PM »

Are you referring to CWKONABG?

So what should one do if you ONLY want to disable SAI (and DTCS) but leave all the hardware/wiring intact?

I think, leave B_katfz at 1 and set  B_slsfz to 0 (i.e. set CWKONABG to 1 instead of 5 in TunerPro, or edit directly in WinOls).  From the Alfa FR:

B_SLSFZ=Condition flag: secondary air system installed in the vehicle
B_KATFZ = Condition flag: cat fitted in vehicle

I should have my car back together by the weekend and will try this out.

In CWKONABG, bit 0 is B_katfz and bit 2 is B slsfz  (B_kath is bit 1, and would be set if cat heaters are installed).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:53:39 PM by AARDQ » Logged
DavidG60

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 12:45:23 AM »

To elRey:
 Do you mean Fehlerklasse CLASLPE and CLASLVE  when you say "SLP SLV"?
Because it does remove the DTC, but if you physically unplug the SAI solenoid, it cuts the fuel trim (short and long term)
masterj

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 04:36:41 AM »

If you want fuel trims to work you have to kill D***** functions.... Make it impossible for them to start by setting enormous voltages or speed or rpm or whatever. If you disable Error Class id doesn't stop ecu from setting certain variables. To completely stop it you have to force ecu to never start the diagnostics.

To test this you can try following: take out your diverter valve and leave gap. Now air will come inside after maf and you will get some DTCs and LIMP. Now disable those DTCs by zeroing out error classes. Start the car and drive for a while. You won't get any DTCs but you'll still have LIMP. Now disable Dxxx function completely by setting either start voltages very high or starting rpm very high. No more LIMP and no more DTCs.

DavidG60

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 06:34:13 AM »

Let me say it again:

You set "CWKONABG"  and "CDSLS" to "0" to disable the SAI function.
Then you disable the Fehlerklasse "CLASLPE" and "CLASLVE".
If you unplug the solenoid or the relay, closed loop lambda control is disabled  Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: