Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Disable SAI via UBSLMX?  (Read 29456 times)
elRey

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »

To elRey:
 Do you mean Fehlerklasse CLASLPE and CLASLVE  when you say "SLP SLV"?
Because it does remove the DTC, but if you physically unplug the SAI solenoid, it cuts the fuel trim (short and long term)

No. I'm talking about SLP and SLV bits in ESKONF. This tells ecu whether or not to test power stage of solenoid or relay.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:51:00 AM by elRey » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »

Please, can somebody provide a coherent summary I can put into the wiki?

What is needed for:

1) simply disable SAI (leaving hardware in place, including cats)
2) allow complete removal of SAI, but leaving cats
3) removal of SAI and cats

but preserving fuel trimming.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jooo

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 05:31:49 PM »

1)   Raise value of UBSLMN, UBSLSTMN above the max voltage of your alternator output.
(though there are atleast 2 other similar ways to prevent SAI from starting which is the target of your first question)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 07:08:08 PM »

Thanks, jooo. I assume if the SAI never starts, if the valve is dead i wont throw a DTC?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AARDQ

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 07:41:31 PM »

Please, can somebody provide a coherent summary I can put into the wiki?

What is needed for:

1) simply disable SAI (leaving hardware in place, including cats)
2) allow complete removal of SAI, but leaving cats
3) removal of SAI and cats

but preserving fuel trimming.

2) Leave B_katfz at 1 and set  B_slsfz to 0 (i.e. set CWKONABG to 1 instead of 5).  Tells the ECU that SAI is not installed, but cats are installed.  (CWKONABG to 0 tells ECU no SAI and no cats.)  At least, no one has yet said that this is wrong.

Set CDSLS to 0 to deactivate SAI diagnostic functions.

Can't say if trimming requires the solenoid and relay to be installed.  Doesn't seem like a major deal to leave them plugged in in any case, although I can understand why it is bothersome on some level.
elRey

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »

1)   Raise value of UBSLMN, UBSLSTMN above the max voltage of your alternator output.
(though there are atleast 2 other similar ways to prevent SAI from starting which is the target of your first question)

Both of those leave alternate ways SAI can be activated:

B_kh = && imlpr > IMLSLMN will circumvent UBSLSTMN
MLSLMX and DPSLV will circumvent UBSLMN

For #1 of nyet's request we have to prevent B_slpena AND B_dspe from being set. Sure we can just set B_slsfz = 0 via CWKONABG, but that doesn't stop B_dspe from being set. And who knows if B_dspe (diagnostic) is set and it never tests or gets a result, will a code be thrown?

B_slpena AND B_dspe should be the focus for nyet's #1.

To prevent B_slpena from being set:
set CWSLS bit 0 = 0 AND IMLSLMN high

To prevent B_dspe from being set:
option 1 via B_cwdslt : set CWDSLSY bit 0 = 0 AND CWDSLSA bit 1 = 0
option 2 via B_dsls via B_sls : set B_slsfz = 0 via CWKONABG (already done, yea)

So, set B_slsfz = 0 via CWKONABG does seem to disable B_dspe (diagnostic). Couple that with set CWSLS bit 0 = 0 AND IMLSLMN high to disable B_slpena and all should be good for nyet's #1. (AND B_cdsls = 0 via CDSLS as mentinoed above)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:51:20 PM by elRey » Logged
DavidG60

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 11:49:49 PM »

No. I'm talking about SLP and SLV bits in ESKONF. This tells ecu whether or not to test power stage of solenoid or reply.

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunatly, playing with ESKONF is not an easy job.
You need to have the assignment of each bit of the ESKONF bytes (usually 7 or 8 bytes).
You usually find it in the ME7 doc related to the engine, but we only have it for the 1.8T ME7 or alfa ME7.
It may be a disassembly job.

Is there any other way to unplug the device, and still preserving fuel trimming?
prj

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »

Since my car has a decat, I just set CWKONABG to 0.
Even after removing the pump, I never had any DTC's without actually disabling any DTC's.

I also removed the N112 now and I will check what happens.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
elRey

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 06:55:12 AM »

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunatly, playing with ESKONF is not an easy job.
You need to have the assignment of each bit of the ESKONF bytes (usually 7 or 8 bytes).
You usually find it in the ME7 doc related to the engine, but we only have it for the 1.8T ME7 or alfa ME7.
It may be a disassembly job.

Is there any other way to unplug the device, and still preserving fuel trimming?

For the M-box it should be around 10C7D and the assignments should be the same. Easy way to test is trial and error with removing solenoid/relays.
prj

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 09:11:43 AM »

No. I'm talking about SLP and SLV bits in ESKONF. This tells ecu whether or not to test power stage of solenoid or relay.

SLP is for diagnosis of the pump itself. I don't need to touch that it seems, because it never runs this diagnosis with SLS off via CWKONABG, as my pump has been disconnected for a while, and I never got any codes or problems with fuel trims.

As for ESKONF. Do you know what to adjust on ME7.1? We don't have a public FR fr ME7.1 and I really don't want to spend time disassembling this when instead I can resistor it.
I will look at FR and see why the fuel trims stop learning...

Log your car properly.
elRey

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 09:21:12 AM »

SLP is for diagnosis of the pump itself. I don't need to touch that it seems, because it never runs this diagnosis with SLS off via CWKONABG, as my pump has been disconnected for a while, and I never got any codes or problems with fuel trims.

ECU never tests the pump itself. Instead it tests the pump relay since there is no direct connection from the ECU to the pump. I'm betting you still have your relay plugged in. The SLP in ESKONF is for testing that relay.

As for ESKONF. Do you know what to adjust on ME7.1? We don't have a public FR fr ME7.1 and I really don't want to spend time disassembling this when instead I can resistor it.
I will look at FR and see why the fuel trims stop learning...

Post the file. I can try to find it. It normally start with 170 255 in 8it.

Fuel trim are affected because the ECU tests the power stage based on ESKONF regardless of what the CW are set to for diagnostic functions. And even if you disable the DTCs the power stage tests fail and fuel trims are turned off.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:27:07 AM by elRey » Logged
prj

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »

ECU never tests the pump itself. Instead it tests the pump relay since there is no direct connection from the ECU to the pump. I'm betting you still have your relay plugged in. The SLP in ESKONF is for testing that relay.
Ah yeah, I have the relay plugged in still I think.
Post the file. I can try to find it. It normally start with 170 255 in 8it.
I can find 0xAA 0xFF right before MLHFM.
Goes like this:
AA FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

The rest of AA FF I find are part of some maps.
Can you tell me what maps are around it? Otherwise, I am just using the standard 551K RS4 binary.

Fuel trim are affected because the ECU tests the power stage based on ESKONF regardless of what the CW are set to for diagnostic functions. And even if you disable the DTCs the power stage tests fail and fuel trims are turned off.
I understand this. But where exactly does it "turn off" the fuel trim. I scanned LRA diagonally, and I can't seem to see it right away.
As I understand it it is because of E_SLVE and E_SLPE, which become E_SLS.

That gets used in EVAP diagnosis I think... I need to look more, but perhaps you know the answer Wink

Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »

LROFF calcualtes B_esls...  and after that I lose the trail Smiley

Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 09:55:24 AM »

Also, I believe because I have a 6 cylinder it can't possibility start with 170 255....

First 12 bits would probably be all filled with 10... or any combination of that.

So could be AA AF, AA FA and so on.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:59:12 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
elRey

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 09:57:55 AM »

try address 10B78

Mbox = 170 250 085 085 085 255
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: