Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The most universal 1.8T ME7 ecu  (Read 3253 times)
vwnut8392

« on: August 31, 2015, 11:11:06 AM »

i know a some of the 1.8T ECU's can interchange flashes and such but there are soooo many different versions that its virtually impossible to try each one individually. basically i was curious as to if anyone has investigated into seeing if there is one or a few ECU's that will work in most VW and audi 1.8T cars. i know there's the 512k sized flash ECU and the 1M flash sized ECU as well. the only one im really focused on is the large flash ECU as there seems to be more of those cars out there than the smaller flash cars. i was looking at the 06A 906 032HS ECU because so far i have discovered it in GTI 1.8T's, golf 1.8T's and jetta 1.8T's. now i wonder if it would work in a audi A4 around the same year? i know there's an manual and automatic transmission factor as well but im pretty sure that can be corrected easily with VCDS and changing coding. it would be nice to have just a few really well defined XDF's along with BIN's to tune with instead of one for every single ECU out there.

for an example of what im getting at is one time i had a R32 that the owner bricked the ECU trying to read/write his own flash and i could not even recover it in boot mode so the only other quick option was to source another ECU. only problem was the R32 ECU was really high priced and that got me to thinking about the brother car 2.8 24v VR6 as its pretty much the same engine when it comes to sensors and those ECU's where a third of the price. we took a gamble and bought the 2.8 24V ECU which i flashed over the stock 2.8 BIN with a stock R32 BIN and it worked perfectly just as id hoped. put the top cover on from the R32 ECU so it had the proper part number and no one would be the wiser that it was not the original ECU to the car. ohh i forgot to mention the immo defeat on the new ECU too to make the swap go easier.
RBPE

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 01:17:09 PM »

I've defined a fair few of those, the BDE one's I did were very, very similar to the R32 BFH one's, I think most offsets were less than 8 either way and I have found that ZUESZ area's line up well to find the offset's, usually the closing time maps, but both the BFH and BDE are full VVT unlike the older VR6 24V's. There was a BDF one on here that was a PITA compared to the BDE one!

I've found that TTQS' BAM file on here has been best to define the 1.8T's, even managed to do an older 3.8 ecu with it fairly easy so I would say that one, although I have only defined a few of those ecu's.

At the end of the day similar revisions should be nearest and then it depends on VW changing things like adding full VVT to the later 24v engines, all of which things add binary data obviously and so more offset's in reference.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: