Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ME7.5 Lambda goes to 0.75 at idle, engine protection feature?  (Read 23478 times)
masterj

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 04:58:19 AM »

I know where the problem is. If the ECU isn't from same engine with all components including, you have to adapt your GGxxx functions to these new components. For example I have reflashed my ecu to similar but different SW version. After that I had to transfer all the linearization maps for o2, maf and other sensors. You have to do this or just get ECU that was originally with the engine.

For the record, until I transfered GGLSU function's maps I also was having 0.75 for front o2 (look at the LALIUS map)

jtorres

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »

Hello, after doing several tests incluiding from simple things to elaborated as testing another wiring harness, i found that the problem was a faulty Throttle body :S

It was a little hard to find the fault as the first original TB was able to run the adaptation OK and a second TB too, so i discarded the TB as the cause. It was after trying a third known good TB that we can solve the .75 lambda issue at idle.

One thing that we noted is that while with the faulty TB, if we allowed to enter just a little more air to the engine by the brake booster hose connection, the lambda at idle went normal. After that we tried the 3rd TB with success.

I want to mention how we solve this, so you don´t have to go crazy like us with a fault like that!

Thanks to everyone for your help!
masterj

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 03:25:24 PM »

Hello, after doing several tests incluiding from simple things to elaborated as testing another wiring harness, i found that the problem was a faulty Throttle body :S

It was a little hard to find the fault as the first original TB was able to run the adaptation OK and a second TB too, so i discarded the TB as the cause. It was after trying a third known good TB that we can solve the .75 lambda issue at idle.

One thing that we noted is that while with the faulty TB, if we allowed to enter just a little more air to the engine by the brake booster hose connection, the lambda at idle went normal. After that we tried the 3rd TB with success.

I want to mention how we solve this, so you don´t have to go crazy like us with a fault like that!

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Interesting, anyway to foolproof throttle body with me7logger or vcds?

phila_dot

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 04:33:17 PM »

Predicted load throwing off fuel mass calculation?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: