Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flashed an auto a6 2.7t with a manual file and had coding problems?  (Read 10918 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

Basically the fault said engine control module coding error.

No matter what I tried it wouldn't work.  The coding for ESP and tranny's were proper in the ECU.

But as soon as you start, the tranny goes into limp mode.

Do I have to flash with an automatic file?  Is there something the manual (s4) file would be missing?  As I flashed the same file to a 6 sped Allroad right after and everything was working great!

Ideas?

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Bettonracing

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 04:59:53 AM »

From the S4 wiki, Tuning section 3.4:
Torque limitsOn tiptronic cars, you may get Engine Torque Monitor: Control Limit Exceeded codes. This is probably for protecting the torque converter. To get around it, you will have to look at:

RAMPASR
KFMIZUFIL/KFMIZUNS
KFMPED_/KFMPNS_
RLVMXN/RLVSMXN - Maximum relative indicated torque under open throttle body
KFMIOP - Optimal engine torque map

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning

Regards,

H. Kurt Betton
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »

Thanks that would probably come in handy when we would have to drive the car... but the errors were there even without starting the car. Although I will look @ them.

Checking the ECU side it said coding error, on the transmission side it said the transmission and ecu were incompatible.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Bettonracing

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:26:35 AM »

Are any of those (torque limiting tables) disabled or out of range? Seems like they would be disabled for 6spd ecu's (and could explain the "incompatibility" problem).

I was also told that my car (01 A6 tip) didn't have enough memory for multiple APR tunes & therefore could only hold one tune. That may be due to the immobilizer & their encryption code so You may not be running near that max memory limit, but keep it in the back of Your mind while trying to figure this car out. I think my car has a T-box.

Speaking of immobilizer, keep in mind some (all?) A6's have them whereas not all (if any) B5 S4's have it. Does Your flash affect immo code?

Last but not least, You may consider putting a trickle charge on the battery. My battery at the time would start the car with no hesitation and seemed perfectly fine, but they had to put a charger on the car to flash the ecu for some reason. Using the APR flasher it interrupted the flashing process, but the flashing software You're using (NM's?) could be affected differently... Any comments on this Tony?

Regards,

H. Kurt Betton

P.S. I'm relatively new to ME7 tuning so using generic diagnostic logic here. The above is intended as food for thought. Don't forget to add a grain of salt...
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 05:51:28 AM »

Are any of those (torque limiting tables) disabled or out of range? Seems like they would be disabled for 6spd ecu's (and could explain the "incompatibility" problem).

Possible... I'm going to have to compare his original code to my 6 spd code to find out I guess.

I was also told that my car (01 A6 tip) didn't have enough memory for multiple APR tunes & therefore could only hold one tune. That may be due to the immobilizer & their encryption code so You may not be running near that max memory limit, but keep it in the back of Your mind while trying to figure this car out. I think my car has a T-box.

I doubt it's a memory issue since the flash size is the same.

Speaking of immobilizer, keep in mind some (all?) A6's have them whereas not all (if any) B5 S4's have it. Does Your flash affect immo code?

IMMO started in 01 for A6/Allroads.  No B5 has IMMO Sad

Last but not least, You may consider putting a trickle charge on the battery. My battery at the time would start the car with no hesitation and seemed perfectly fine, but they had to put a charger on the car to flash the ecu for some reason. Using the APR flasher it interrupted the flashing process, but the flashing software You're using (NM's?) could be affected differently... Any comments on this Tony?

Regards,

H. Kurt Betton

P.S. I'm relatively new to ME7 tuning so using generic diagnostic logic here. The above is intended as food for thought. Don't forget to add a grain of salt...

I bench flash my ECU's with Galletto in boot mode, so power is a non issue for me Smiley

But when I do flash in the car I always connect a battery charger.  It's just good practice.

Rick

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:58:06 AM »

my UK S4 has immo.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 08:36:07 AM »

my UK S4 has immo.

Sorry yes I should have said all North American B5's Tongue

I know u lucky guys got IMMO in Europe.  Which is why I want to make it work in our cars.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: