Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: DSG Hesitation after remap.  (Read 24798 times)
Rick

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »

Level 2 forms part of the watchdog function in the ECU.  It basically keeps an eye that torque isn't above the set points assigned in Level 1.  People play with the calibration maps for level 2 when they can't get the ECU to do something they want, which can lead to strange effects as the ECU ends up fighting itself internally.

Rick
dubmaniac

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 12:08:38 PM »

Yes, I don't see these interventions on low-load, I will try a Turbo-VCDS Log to get more in depth information..

Those are torque reductions while changing gear, which is normal.  What is not easy to tell is the duration of the torque reduction, but I assume it is significant for it to be caught on a log.

I've seen this happen when level 2 torque monitoring has been bastardised.

Rick
dubmaniac

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 12:15:45 PM »

Yes, I don't see these interventions on low-load, I will try a Turbo-VCDS Log to get more in depth information..
 Angry I really want to get my head around this!...DSG should only "Burp" at gearchanges..Nothing else noticable!

Sorry...it's frustrating..

Rick

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 12:23:21 PM »

Well, if it is only doing it after it's mapped, it is the map.  And so it needs changing.  You need to find somebody local who can help you do this.

Rick
wazza

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 05:23:36 AM »

Hi Guys

Did you ever get this resolved ? Unfortunately i am having exactly the same issue  Cry Huh
what was the outcome

Could somebody perhaps assist me in logging this issue , as i would like to have some facts in hand before approaching my Tuner and confronting him with this , as he states that My DSG needs to adapt to the new charateristics

any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Rick

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2012, 06:40:43 AM »

Only adaptation carried out by the DSG is for clutch wear.

The issue is in the map.  Regards logging, what are you wanting to achieve?  Just catch the hesitation on file?

Rick
SVSPORT

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »

Torque limiter must change in main ECU,first.
Look at the photo. 600nm request, 530nm actual on 1.8bar with GT3076
Then you have to change the torque limiter in DSG ecu.
Ofcourse you have to change the pressure of the oil pump,for the clutch.
spatullo

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »

There are 2 levels of torque reduction in the ecu, thats a start.  Have ecu not care that it wants torque reduction, or change the ecu's internal torque calculation routine.

downside of tricking dsg gearbox is that it wont always apply maximum pressure to clutch packs, so you may run into issues with that since you are lying to dsg gearbox on torque, if you disable by torque maps then dsg will make most pressure allowable by stock calibratoin on clutch packs that it can, but remap of tcu will increase pressure beyond!

TCU remap is BEST way and most reliable way.  However, stage 1 remaps are safe to just trick dsg or ecu Smiley  if you go larger turbo(k04 or greater) with higher torque, get proper dsg remap for sure.

I'm experiencing clutch slip on a TTS DSG after LDRXN and KFMIRL raise, and KFMIOP adjusted in conjunction to it. If I leave KFMIOP standard I have torque reduction in channel 122, if I adjust KFMIOP I experience clutch slippage and longer torque reduction during gear change (and I can see in channel 122 that actual torque read low). With KFMIOP halfway I have great gear change but still a bit of clutch slip. I need to solve  Sad
Rick

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 03:28:27 PM »

Because of your IOP changes you are not reporting the correct torque figure to the DSG ECU and so it isn't giving enough clutch pressure.  When you do report correct torque you get intervention as it is requested from the gearbox.  You can get round it, but really you want a DSG map.

Rick
spatullo

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2013, 05:38:24 AM »

Ok, thanks. I cannot find info on dsg remap, read, write...
Rick

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 05:53:59 AM »

What do you want to know?  Not something you can do yourself as tools are v expensive.

Rick
spatullo

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2013, 08:52:14 AM »

I can have access to expensive tools, but is it possible to read the dsg controller via OBD port? It is a temic tricore ecu?
Rick

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 12:10:45 PM »

Not the OBD port, but by plugging directly into the DSG connector.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: