Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: 29F800 emulator...  (Read 45096 times)
zillarob

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2012, 11:17:58 PM »

"Hero Member"

Pretty much sums it up Grin
terok

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2012, 03:05:38 PM »

Me being a hobbyist, can this installation be done to run "permanent" safely?

Roadrunner is originally designed to be installed this way. It has a battery, which should theoretically last many years. At least mine has now for 5 years.
I would make a spare tune-ecu though. No point leaving emulator in the car for a long time, as you can just flash it if needed.
prj

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 03:14:41 PM »

I went to the airfield today, got my meth dialed in.
I had a problem with the ECU dying at the end though randomly.
I think the problem is that the emulator slightly wobbles around and because my casing is very tight it was hitting it every now and then, shorting and turning off.
Because on an even surface I had no problems and I could let it idle all day without any issues either.

The ECU is sometimes a bit fiddly starting with the emulator. Don't know why. I found that re-flashing the entire emulator helped.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2012, 09:00:55 AM »

Went to the airfield again.

1. The ECU did not die randomly a single time anymore, the problem last time was definitely the board wobbling around and touching the casing, thus shorting itself to ground... I padded it with some insulation tape now.
2. The ECU will not boot up (ESP light on) when a file is loaded with an incorrect checksum.
3. The ECU will very rarely not boot up when a file with correct checksum is loaded, but simply switching off the ignition and switching it on again always fixes the issue.
4. Writing to the emulator while the engine is running is fine, even if you do not correct the checksums if the ECU is coded as a test model.
5. Using some software I wrote I have a real time WinLog dashboard going of all the important parameters.
6. Using some other software I wrote, every time the .bin is saved in tuner pro, it writes out a second byte-swapped file and EmUtility monitors it, and instantly loads the changes into the emulator/ECU.

Finally - my car is pretty quick now...
So - proper real time tuning can be achieved for about 550$ and some C++ hacking.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:02:33 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
k0mpresd

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »

i think im going to buy one of those roadrunners when i get some free cash.
no need for it but that just looks pretty fun to play with.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2012, 05:50:50 PM »

Thats awesome. I am definitely going to look into getting one; my emulator setup no longer works because the stupid box requires a parallel port, and no laptop comes with one anymore... and usb-->parallel ports dont support the bitbanging modes that the software requires.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jooo

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2012, 07:22:33 PM »

I've seen a claim that roadrunner works with Winols, but could it really? Could it be compatible with evc emulator?
passuff

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 10:46:46 PM »

Thats awesome. I am definitely going to look into getting one; my emulator setup no longer works because the stupid box requires a parallel port, and no laptop comes with one anymore... and usb-->parallel ports dont support the bitbanging modes that the software requires.

Maybe the FujitsuSiemens Celsius H240 is an alternative for you. It's still fast and Comes with a parallel port
prj

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 01:14:09 AM »

I've seen a claim that roadrunner works with Winols, but could it really? Could it be compatible with evc emulator?
It works, but you have to export the file each time and obviously no tracing.

Log your car properly.
jooo

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »

It works, but you have to export the file each time and obviously no tracing.
Nice. But what about "but you have to export the file each time"?
Do you compare to OLS300?
Can you edit maps online in emulator memory with ols300?
What is the difference between Tunerpro together with roadrunner and winlos together with roadrunner?
prj

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 04:09:02 PM »

What is the difference between Tunerpro together with roadrunner and winlos together with roadrunner?
No real difference.

---

On another note, I have been driving with the emulator for a week now every day.
And no problems. Sometimes I have to turn off the ignition then turn it back on again when starting the car for the ECU to boot up, but other than that the car has worked flawlessly.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: