Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bricked my s4 abox and can't get it into boot mode  (Read 10177 times)
corradovolksb

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »

Flashed loads of cars without any charger, and I don't believe one is needed either if you use the right tools.
As for shorting something in the ECU - you should not even be touching the pins, there are two pads near the MCU...

That said, not all people have the motor coordination to work with fine pitch SMD electronics, you need a steady hand.

Ya for sure I have flashed my car many times with out a charger and no problems also but this time I was thinking it has something to do with it. I wish I saved the flash log from Nefmoto so you could see when the error occurred.

HAHA ya I was a little shaky when I was trying to touch the boot pin prob adrenalin from the thought of fucking up my ecu. Yes I now realize that I can use the pad next to the mcu instead of pin 24 but I was going off other people posts about using pin 24 for boot mode.

i never use a battery charger either. were you using a resistor between ground and ecu when trying to bootmode?

No I didnt have a resister on it so that could have also been the issue. I need a 5.5k ohm one right?

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
prj

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 02:41:02 AM »

You don't need a resistor on these.
The reason you blew up your ECU is probably because you shorted 5V and god knows what else to ground or worse.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »

The reason you blew up your ECU is probably because you shorted 5V and god knows what else to ground or worse.

Grin

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: