Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Author Topic: Map Switching Routine  (Read 186491 times)
prj

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 02:55:32 AM »

Knock light is indeed a good idea. Could be as simple as - if wkrm > x degrees, MIL ON, else MIL OFF.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 07:51:07 AM »

Knock light is indeed a good idea. Could be as simple as - if wkrm > x degrees, MIL ON, else MIL OFF.

Yeah, I was thinking about flashing the number of degrees retarded or maybe try getting the it in the fuel consumption display.

It would have to be obvious that it's not misfires though. Maybe use the EPC for this one.
prj

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 08:43:38 AM »

Yeah, I was thinking about flashing the number of degrees retarded or maybe try getting the it in the fuel consumption display.

I think if your car is so slow that you have time to count the amount of times the CEL flashes while flooring it, then you have other problems  Grin

Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 09:09:54 AM »

I think if your car is so slow that you have time to count the amount of times the CEL flashes while flooring it, then you have other problems  Grin

It wouldn't really work anyway because wkrm will be constantly updated, so how would you determine when to grab it.

My car is pretty slow though.
prj

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »

I think turning it on when wkrm reaches a certain threshold and then turning it off again will be perfectly fine as a "knock light".

Frankly, it's more of a novelty feature than anything - you should have safeguards in place in your tune, so that things don't go boom with excessive knock retard.

Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 10:10:22 AM »

I think turning it on when wkrm reaches a certain threshold and then turning it off again will be perfectly fine as a "knock light".

Frankly, it's more of a novelty feature than anything - you should have safeguards in place in your tune, so that things don't go boom with excessive knock retard.

Agreed for the most part.

Currently, when I'm not logging, I can tell when I have high ignition retard by watching AFR. If I enrich past target, then I assume that it is due to ignition angle efficiency. It would be nice to have confirmation.
imolasb5

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »

Ah totally forgot, you should probably think about including kfzwmnst. I had to tweak mine quite a bit between 93 and E85 for start up. The values I use for E85 brought start up in under a crank and up to 4 cranks with 93.
phila_dot

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 12:00:26 PM »

UPDATE

Major changes:
Utilized the orginal map locations for map set 1 (PITA...still 4 total map sets)
Limited the map switch function to not driving
Knock light - 3 MIL flashes when wkrma exceeds configurable parameter threshold

Maps implemented so far:
KRKTE
KFZW(2)
LDRXN
KFLBTS
KFLAMKRL
LAMFA
infinkc

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 05:09:18 PM »

awesome news, great progress.

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 09:42:07 PM »

been a while since I've been on here (obviously I no longer have a personal car to play with, and my time is being used else where) but this is great stuff, then again you've always were good at contributing here.

Glad to see this place is still producing some awesome knowledge!

Kudos

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
rnagy86

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 09:06:02 AM »

Might be interested to implement map switching the following way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IddRNFb22o
Getting feedback of the map # based on the RPM. Looks nice.
littco

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »

That's Rick off here map switching, very nice way of showing map selection
phila_dot

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »

Might be interested to implement map switching the following way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IddRNFb22o
Getting feedback of the map # based on the RPM. Looks nice.

I played around with this a little bit, but I wanted to be able to display the selected map anytime without interfering with driving situations.

It is a clean solution though...

Nice work Rick!
phila_dot

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 04:30:31 PM »

been a while since I've been on here (obviously I no longer have a personal car to play with, and my time is being used else where) but this is great stuff, then again you've always were good at contributing here.

Glad to see this place is still producing some awesome knowledge!

Kudos

Thanks man.

I've got alot more coming.

How's the E36 coming along? You'll be back...
jibberjive

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 01:47:14 PM »

Wow, I need to check this section more often. Awesome work! My input, I say keep at least 4 sets, as it might be nice to have a 'kill mode' map (ie more than one map for a given fuel, or possibly a map if you decide to turn on nitrous or something).  A 'valet mode' would be a nice feature (even if it didn't need to utilize its own set of maps, but maybe just limit nmot to 3000RPM or something).  For conditions, I vote to be able to change while moving (could be useful for the kill mode or nitrous example above), maybe have it with pedal angle 0 or something, as you can just let off the gas to change the map and when you actually want to use the cruise control functionality, you are most likely going to be giving it some steady throttle as you hit set.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: