Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: Map Switching Routine  (Read 186229 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2014, 09:38:24 AM »

between 91 and 93 i'm not sure it is that important to have separate maps.

you can use KR based fueling, and you're gtg.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »

Spoken like someone that has not experienced the joys of 93.

Tongue

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Allabout

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2014, 05:19:57 AM »

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Switching the call to code would be trickier, require re-writing the routine.

About the cruise, sure. If you look a little, someone posted a routine (undone) that used pedal position to switch maps, so yes, it is possible.

At that point, you might as well start from scratch.

Thanks for the info, I imagined map 2 and 3 would be tricky.
So having the Rev display and pedal map switch, you recommend starting from scratch or new topic of discussion?

I'm still trying to get my head around what I require to be able to tune my own ECU. Also seeing I have D_Box code, it seems like a very uncommon box code. Therefore I have no Idea yet to change say a M_Box code into a D_Box code.

Not sure if you where referencing to me? I was just using the 91/93 as examples. Either 91 or 93, not both.
Thanks for a lot of the info provided to tho forum. It seems you have help many members out.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2014, 09:22:10 AM »

I'm still trying to get my head around what I require to be able to tune my own ECU.

If you are having trouble with basic tuning, dont bother with map switching code yet.

Also seeing I have D_Box code, it seems like a very uncommon box code. Therefore I have no Idea yet to change say a M_Box code into a D_Box code.

There is no good reason to stay with a dbox (I'm assuming this is for an s4?)

Not sure if you where referencing to me? I was just using the 91/93 as examples. Either 91 or 93, not both.
Thanks for a lot of the info provided to tho forum. It seems you have help many members out.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post, was thinking you wanted stock/91/93 not stock or 91/93 Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
MyTunes

« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2014, 08:36:56 AM »

Well Done Phila!  Smiley

Hero status for sure
AudiMan85

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »

This is the 1st time I am going to try this map switching out and make a .bin for my car.

I have a few questions. Now I start with the base L-Box file listed in the 1st/OP and add in my Stage 2++ data and when I need to add in the few things I need to make a "STOCK/BASE" file I then would open up my normal XDF that I use for tuning and copy of my changes for MAF, SAI Removal, Brake Booster Delete, Evap Delete, 2.0T FSI Coils, Rear 02 delete and Left foot braking.

Is that how it would work? So I'd set up this L-Box base as a stock L-Box with my required tweaks and then open it with the map switching XDF and then port over my Stage 2++ settings correct?

Also, is there any other posts on this that have more info that I might have missed out on. I just happened to see/stumble onto this in the Show unread posts since last visit section.

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
phila_dot

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »

Audiman85, I will try to answer all of your questions from your post and email below.

Just tune the file as any other.

The original map locations are map set 1 and are the default any time RAM is cleared. Tune alternate versions in sets 2, 3, and 4.

The first post explains everything. I know it may be confusing, but anything above the line that isn't addressed below it most likely remained the same.

I do have a version that allows setting the number of maps to switch, but I didn't release it because I felt that it was only really necessary for commercial applications. So yes, if you only want to use two, then you would want to make three identical sets and one alternate and you would have to cycle through all of them.

The current map set is indicated with CEL and EPCL blinks.

To switch maps you push the set button on the end of the cruise stalk anytime that the vehicle is below 3km/hr (iirc) or if the clutch pedal is pressed. The CEL and EPCL will flash to show you the newly selected map set. To check the currently selected map set without switching, just slide the res switch on the cruise stalk. Cruise control still functions as normal.

I have completely rewritten this code and intregrated all new functionality including dynamic NLS/ALS, but it isn't done testing and my car is down at the moment.

For everyone asking about porting to other ECU's:
This code is much more complex than the simple ALS/NLS function on here and therefore more difficult to port to other files. Outside of RAM and data dependencies, it is also dependent on the original code that it interects with. I have noticed that the same map will be addressed differently among software versions and would require this code to be changed slightly.
Allabout

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2014, 02:44:09 AM »

If you are having trouble with basic tuning, dont bother with map switching code yet.

I'm not going down this route just yet. Been working at APR for almost 5 years now in my region.
So I have all their tools at my disposal. But I read on the forum there tools should not be used?

So will use my Vag-tacho and Vag K +can commander and KKL cable to play with ECU.
Still trying to find spare ECU thou, which I can play with.

There is no good reason to stay with a dbox (I'm assuming this is for an s4?)

Correct, on my own S4. Why would you recommend I change to a different box code?
At this stage, I would like to keep my IMMO intact and working. I do realize I can transfer the immo data over to another box code.
Hoping to try and at least extract my ECU coding in the next day or two.

Then I can try and compare the code changes to schnell's Stage 2 tune.
Also getting LC or at least NLS activated with EGR delete. May or may not remove secondary Oxy sensors as well.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post, was thinking you wanted stock/91/93 not stock or 91/93 Smiley

No problem. I know that my posts don't always make sense. Just getting to excited to interacting with like minded folk and learning more.
Hopefully resulting in assisting others as well.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:46:16 AM by glidn » Logged
AudiMan85

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2014, 08:09:34 AM »

Phila_dot, thank you for answering my questions. My goal is just to run a stock tune and a stage 2++ but from what I see this is ment mostly for just fuel switching from the defined maps in the xdf? Am I correct?

If I'm wrong maybe someone explain to me how to do it. I don't have a reason to use different grades of fuel really as 93 is only thing available in my area. Its all I ever run regardless of stock or my stage 2++ tune. I plan on on ordering a w/m kit this week, not as nice as the stage 3 dvc-30 kit (Devils Own) I used in my last car and plan to run it full time and never without washer fluid on hand and if I don't I won't be beating on it while empty.

Like I said in my email sometimes I enjoy flashing back to stock just for the lower boost, get to rev the car out and get to hear the car more cause we all know on Stage 2+ we would be up to 100 mph in no time and that don't allow you to hear the joys of the exhaust or engine for long b4 you hit illegal speeds.

But great work bro, even if I don't use it that was great work! I added to your karma! Thanks again for answering my questions. Sorry I emailed ya too. I get excited about new cool features.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:13:21 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

phila_dot

« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2014, 09:17:11 AM »

It can do exactly what you are asking.

Use stock LDRXN and adjust enrichment and timing as you see fit in one map set.
AudiMan85

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2014, 11:10:54 AM »

Ok, I got it now. I was thinking backwards I think. I was thinking make the file a stock file and the map select my stage 2 maps. But I think I understand now, make the main file my stage 2 and a select-able map my stock mapping or for me m2-m4 (since I only want 2 maps)? Correct?

Gonna make a file and try it out. Thanks phila_dot, think I'm just confused from lack of sleep the past few nights, got a lot on my plate right now.

***Edit/Update*** it can be either way stock or stage 2 file and maps can be changed to either, I see now where I was getting confused.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:30:34 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

AudiMan85

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2014, 12:19:34 PM »

I got it now. Thanks, about to test file here in a few minutes

AudiMan85

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »

Ok, I am stuck at KLFAMKRL

My axis are different, can someone tell me what I need to do. Attached below are screenshots, 1 from Phila_Dot's L-box switch-map file and my tuned stage 2++ file.

phila_dot

« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »

KFLAMKRL and KFLAMKR share SRL06GKUB @ 0x18292
AudiMan85

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2014, 02:06:25 PM »

Ok everything is working great on the test drive!!!! Now my question is my incredible gas mileage.... I must have switched to a hybrid engine with this flash cause 1/4 tank is 175 miles distance and my avg mpg is 200! So what I am I missing here lol??

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: