Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: KFMIRL and KFMIOP  (Read 26277 times)
prj

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »

mifa_w will be limited to what is in the last column of KFMIOP.
So if the axis ends early (before your req. load) then it means that you will never reach req. load, since it won't know how to request all of it.
If you simply compensate for this by raising the KFMIOP values, you will get torque intervention.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:19:44 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »

Without changing KFMIOP load axis I couldn't boost more than ~1bar of boost... But this problem might be also connected to other maps (*_UM maps in particular). Anyway, after changing KFMIOP (also all the maps that share same load axis) AND these http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1518.msg14433#msg14433 I had no more problems

The UM maps will never interfere unless you mess with the maps from MDZUL.

The only reason you would have for that would be if you did something crazy with KFPED or KFMIOP.
phila_dot

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 01:35:48 PM »

I don't know of any path where the results of KFMIOP can interfere with requested boost. IIRC it can only affect timing intervention.

Am i missing something?

milsol comes from MDFAW -> MDKOL -> MDFUE

This is the torque input for KFMIRL
phila_dot

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 01:50:50 PM »

mifa_w will be limited to what is in the last column of KFMIOP.
So if the axis ends early (before your req. load) then it means that you will never reach req. load, since it won't know how to request all of it.
If you simply compensate for this by raising the KFMIOP values, you will get torque intervention.

mimax_w is KFMIOP from rlmax_w (LDRLMX - LDRXN corrected)

mivbeg_w is mrfa_w(mimax_w - mimin_w) + mimin_w + dmllri_w limited by MDIMX

mivbeb_w is min(mivbeg_w, mimax_w)

mivbeb_w then goes through a slew of potential interventions and finally gives mifa_w.

mifa_w then goes through MDKOL and is subject again to numerous interventions finally giving milsol_w for KFMIRL.

KFMIRL will request the air charge you set for a given torque request.
rocky.ca

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »

is anyone able to tell me the location for the axis definitions?
rocky.ca

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 02:02:11 PM »

Am i able to use the same ones as in KFMIRL?
masterj

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »

Am i able to use the same ones as in KFMIRL?

Normally it isn't same as KFMIRL...

prj

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »

mimax_w is KFMIOP from rlmax_w (LDRLMX - LDRXN corrected)

mivbeg_w is mrfa_w(mimax_w - mimin_w) + mimin_w + dmllri_w limited by MDIMX

mivbeb_w is min(mivbeg_w, mimax_w)

mivbeb_w then goes through a slew of potential interventions and finally gives mifa_w.

mifa_w then goes through MDKOL and is subject again to numerous interventions finally giving milsol_w for KFMIRL.

KFMIRL will request the air charge you set for a given torque request.

Yes... but I did like my layman's terms description Wink

Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 08:38:50 PM »

But you can compensate in KFMIRL.

FYI for everyone modifying the load axis, it is shared with KFZWOP(2) and KFMDS.

So, no one can pinpoint the exact condition that is causing the interventions?

I have gone through the code a million times and logged almost the entire path, but I don't have interventions. I have suspicions, but I want solid logs capturing it. I guess I could sabotage my file. I just don't have time to play...

This map is my pet peeve though. I hate how people just regurgitate crap without any actual information.
rocky.ca

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 09:27:48 PM »

Can I label the axis to match what I have seen online, or do I need to find the hex address for the internal axis parameters.
k0mpresd

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 09:59:48 PM »

think this is right:
13b44, .25, rpm
173f4, 0.023438, %
prj

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 01:37:36 AM »

But you can compensate in KFMIRL.
What do you mean by that?

If KFMIOP and KFMIRL no longer more-or-less match the ECU will not be able to request a given torque anymore.
If you want to request more load than the last column in KFMIOP you will have to change the axis.

One side effect of getting this wrong, is an ESP system that is completely useless.

Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 06:36:16 AM »

What do you mean by that?

If KFMIOP and KFMIRL no longer more-or-less match the ECU will not be able to request a given torque anymore.
If you want to request more load than the last column in KFMIOP you will have to change the axis.

One side effect of getting this wrong, is an ESP system that is completely useless.

Match? It doesn't matter.

KFMIRL can give you whatever desired load you want. If milsol is limited you only lose resolution in the map (map becomes smaller with lower torque request).

How does esp become useless? The torque request from ESP during intervention is extremely low, the map would have to be really screwed up for the driver's torque request to be lower.

I need to take a day and do some logging to settle this for good.

Remember, KFMIOP for mimax_w uses rlmax_w. I think alot of people overlook this.
prj

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 07:20:54 AM »

The torque request from ESP during intervention is extremely low
Not the case on my car when I have smaller scale traction problems in 3rd gear pulls on the road.
There is intervention, but very little of it. If the top end of the map is messed up, I get hard cuts. In fact the intervention is almost not noticeable unless you eyeball the ESP light.

And the reason is simple. If your KFMIOP axis ends at 150 load, but you request 200 load, then anything over 75% will be the same value.
Yes, you can request enough load, by just filling 75% to 100% in KFMIRL with 200, but for example the ESP will not be able to finely control the torque request.

It will see during the first request that it has no effect, and during the second request you will get a hard cut because mivbeg_w will be very low.
Basically the function is supposed to be a pretty literal inverse. And it is that on all the factory cars I've seen, give or take a percent.

Otherwise the torque can not be dialed back and forth correctly. Not a problem if you are regulating it with your pedal, but a huge problem if it is needed for ESP.
The load axis of KFMIOP should represent a good distribution of actual up to rlmax. It should never top out on the last cell during the operation, as it is no longer possible to adjust torque past that point (due to the hacks you will need to do to KFMIRL to make it work).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:28:27 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »

IIRC in my logs the interventions cut torque down to 40 or lower.

FWIW, I'm not saying not to rescale the axis.

Time permitting I will get some logs this weekend.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: