Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Understanding/retrofitting immobilizer (Updated for Allroad owners/DEATH CODE)  (Read 170902 times)
armageddon

So, as I have an Euro S4(from Portugal), if I want to have a spare ECU I have to choose one 8D907551 ECU or one from S4wiki list with the same type of transmission, then flash a M-box file to disable IMMO with galletto and after that reflash the same M-box file with nefmoto to clear "Error is P0601- Internal Control Module - Memory Checksum error." DTC.
Last step should be Cluster and Engine recode.

Am I correct?
MK2-VRT

I think you must change 1 or 2 bytes for that error.
ddillenger

You don't need to reflash to clear P0601 unless you currently have the code. Just make sure you never flash a file with bad checksums, and you'll never have to concern yourself with P0601. People make a big deal out of it, when it's not.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
armageddon

You don't need to reflash to clear P0601 unless you currently have the code. Just make sure you never flash a file with bad checksums, and you'll never have to concern yourself with P0601. People make a big deal out of it, when it's not.

I only think that because off this
Quote from: s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
One downside to using a boot mode flasher is that it cannot clear the "Error is P0601- Internal Control Module - Memory Checksum error." DTC. You MUST use flashing software that uses the VAG programming protocol, such as the Nefmoto flashing software, to clear this code

and on  Part 1. you said that it must be flashed in bootmode.

besides that, Cluster and Engine recode will be necessary, right?

best regards
ddillenger

The s4 wiki should be changed to say if you have P0601 bootmode flashing will not clear it. If you don't have it, then don't worry.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
armageddon

Ok, I am waiting my "new" ECU to come, then I leave here my feedback

many thanks
tnel20

So i have a 2001 a6 manual with immobilizer. From what i read if i under stand correctly if i flash with a m-box tune ill be good to go correct? or am i reading it wrong lol.
ddillenger

So i have a 2001 a6 manual with immobilizer. From what i read if i under stand correctly if i flash with a m-box tune ill be good to go correct? or am i reading it wrong lol.

You read correctly.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
tnel20

Thanks
OrBy

Usage instructions for 95040sum:

1. Save the exe into your user directory (C:\Documents and Settings\usernamehere)
2. Place your eeprom bin into the same folder
3. Open up a CMD line, and type: 95040sum (name of your eeprom).bin (desired name of corrected file).bin
4. Click enter

Example:

95040sum eeprom.bin fixed.bin

The checksum corrector, and an IMMO off'd bin compatible with ME7.1.1 is attached.

Big thanks to K0mpresd for allowing me to bounce Idea's off of him throughout this. Appreciate it.

Any chance that this tool will ever be updated to deal with 95160 2kb bin's?
ddillenger

Any chance that this tool will ever be updated to deal with 95160 2kb bin's?

It already has. Read the entire thread about it Smiley

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
OrBy

I was looking everywhere last night to see if there was a thread on it but I came up short witch is why I posted. I tried using the tools I did find and all I get is the following:

C:\Users\*****\Desktop\New folder>95040sum.exe 95160.bin 95160off.bin
EEPROM 95040 Checksum calculator 1.01

■ Opening '95160.bin' file
■ Getting length of '95160.bin' file
■ Allocating buffer of 2048 bytes
■ Reading file to buffer
■ Validating size correct 2048=2048
■ Closing file

file must be 512 bytes

or

C:\Users\*****\Desktop\New folder>"95040 Checksum Calc..exe" 95160.bin 95160off.bin
EEPROM 95040 Checksum calculator 1.0

Error executing program:
EEPROM file must be 512 bytes in size. Yours is: 2048 long.

I was not able to see any special instructions or another tool posted anywhere for 95160's. Was it integrated with something else? I kinda feel like an idiot here. I really don't want to pester others but could ya point me in the right direction?

*** Update - the math finally clicked and I IMMO off'ed my EEPROM manually fixed the check-sums so this is no longer a worry. But it would be nice to know if I ever need to play with the SKC.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:53:05 PM by OrBy » Logged
G60Dub

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2013, 09:36:42 AM »

Hi folks

Apologies if I hijack but I have a spare ME7.1.1 ECU that I want to match to my IMMO3 cluster.  There are however two issues that I need to overcome:

1. IMMO3 has been disabled in the EPROM
2. It has an AMD tune on it

Now I wish to keep my existing keys and re-enable IMMO3 whilst, if, and its a big if, keeping the tune.  

I have an ME7.1.1 bench harness, FTDI CABLE, registered VCDS, Galletto and VAG-Commander 2.5 all working and have no issues with getting the ME7.1.1 ECUs I own into boot mode.

Please correct me if I am wrong - As my keys are matched to the existing cluster in my vehicle I cannot update my cluster VIN and IMMO ID but instead would need to replace the immo id and VIN numbers in the IMMO3 off EPROM contents?   I'm however guessing that the AMD tune will be tied somehow to some content in the immo3 bin and hence altering to match my cluster will likely prevent me from using the AMD tune?  

Thoughts?

EDIT: I just pulled the immo3 bin from the ME7.1.1 AMD tune ECU and it essential appears to have been 'blanked'.  Rather than set it to the re-matching mode (and hence risk losing info that the AMD tune may 'hook' onto) would it be possible to just dump in my VIN, IMMO ID and a new PIN?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:24:21 AM by G60Dub » Logged
MNZ

Hello folks.

I am new here and looking for advice. I have an Allroad Japan spec 2.7T 7.1.1 BES engine code, bin number is 4Z7907551Q.

I will be removing this engine to go in a B5.5 Passat. Originally I had planned on fitting and then having immob portion re-adapted to Passat cluster.

It seems however that my 4Z7907551Q bin is not supported, or I should say has not been tuned yet on Nefmoto. Would my correct route be to flash the ECU while currently in the Allroad with a bin file that doesn't require Immob?

Please go easy as I am new and willing to learn, also very willing to try and give back to the platform with finidings...

i have the BIN file that I read today if that is of any help?

Regards,
Barry
turboat

Few observations on eeproms:
- 512kb Immo3 eeproms seem to always start 20 20 20 20 20
- the R32 1024kb eeprom posted by n1cky starts 30 30 30 30 30
- Immo2 eeproms seem to always start 12 68 30 [14/17]
- The 14/17 indicates how many blocks of FF padding there are in the middle of the bin, 14 has pages 10-16 padded with FF, 17 has pages 12-14 padded with FF.

EDIT: This may be BS - I've just looked at an eeprom for a 551R (euro a6 2.7t) and it starts 12 68 30 17, has different non-checksummed padding blocks to a standard immo3, but has the normal immo3 data (SKC, cluster code, vin, etc).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:42:15 AM by turboat » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: