Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help Please?  (Read 12328 times)
Surferkirsch

« on: December 24, 2012, 02:46:07 AM »

Not sure whats going on here.. My car has been running like hell lately, been slowly fixing all the dcts and getting all the sensors right. I ran a log on it sinece i now have no more check engine light Smiley. i have had to baby it lately and now im ready for it to run right. Someone want to take a look at these logs for me and provide some input? Im having a problem with fluctuating boost, in a couple hours, i am going to bypass the n75 and run a manual boost controller. As far as the car, its the abt tune that came with it, with deleted rear 02s. Im running all stock, other than catless, resonatorless, no 02s, upgraded silicons, and K04s.

ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 02:48:25 AM »

LMFAO

Looks like you used the etch-a-sketch settings.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Surferkirsch

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 02:50:07 AM »

LMFAO

Looks like you used the etch-a-sketch settings.

Its soooo bad. You can only imagine how it runs. Its terrible.
madswp

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 03:38:41 AM »

Its soooo bad. You can only imagine how it runs. Its terrible.

LOL  Cool i think what ddlillenger ment was you have to make a new log. cant use this to much. can see your boost pressure is going up and down a lot.

connect me7logger, set 3 gear. floor the pedal from idle to redline. and close the log and post it in here.

have you checked for boost/vacuum leaks? and try change n75 valve. think it is a halfway solution to use a manual boost controller with the me7

cheers
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 04:00:15 AM »

Would you mind if I post these on AZ?

I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not with these logs, but the proper way to take them is in 3rd gear, go WOT, run it until redline, then end the log. I'm speechless.

If you are (serious that is) I feel terrible for not attempting to be more helpful initially.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:28:38 AM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Surferkirsch

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 09:19:52 AM »

Here's the deal;

It runs fine at low boost and lower RPMs. Before taking these last night, I checked for boost leaks, replaced a bad 02 and a bad temp sensor, and connected into the wastegates. I got under the car to verify that they match, they both fully close, and both open equally under the same amount of pressure.

I wanted to make sure my bad 02 was not an isssue before logging it, and i think i got to 4 to 5 k in 3rd gear WOT before i let out because it was bogging so bad. I have today and tomorrow off, and I am hoping to fix it. I have no luck at all with ME7 logger, have tried to reinstall/use it approx 10 times in the last 6 months. ECUx is what i used. Im going to bypass the N75 today and take another log today, which i will include the csv file later on today and see if maybe i can get some extra input on this, and if anyone else has ever had any problems like this before.

I have downloaded about 3 to 4 tunes off the forum just to test them, and they all do the same thing. Ill attempt to upload a small video of the run as well. It just scares me, I know how 20 psi is supposed to run, and this is not it. lol. I had K04s on my white one, and it was a murderer at the car meets around here. Just curious, is there anyone close to Va Beach VA in here? lol
Surferkirsch

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 09:23:54 AM »

Would you mind if I post these on AZ?

I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not with these logs, but the proper way to take them is in 3rd gear, go WOT, run it until redline, then end the log. I'm speechless.

If you are (serious that is) I feel terrible for not attempting to be more helpful initially.

I have no problem with outsourcing these haha. Its no problem. The logs do look like etch-a-sketch's. haha. But yes, theses logs are real, and its not the logger. The engine goes nuts which in return makes it hard to take a decent log.
AARDQ

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »

Suggest posting N75 logs also, even etch-a-sketch.  Maybe N75 reference and wastegate lines are backwards?  Actually, first, did this come on suddently (i.e. running fine, and then not) or after working on the car?
Surferkirsch

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 09:41:46 AM »

Suggest posting N75 logs also, even etch-a-sketch.  Maybe N75 reference and wastegate lines are backwards?  Actually, first, did this come on suddently (i.e. running fine, and then not) or after working on the car?

Suddenly, N75 valve lines are correct, checked them last night. This started some time ago and has gotten considerably worse instead of better. Ive recently in the last 2 weeks changed the turbos, swapped all 6 coils, put a fresh set of plugs, tune up (pretty much filters oils blah blah.).
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 10:00:40 AM »

I think at this point logs are irrelevant until the car is running better. There are no DTC's? How are you checking for codes? Running like that you must have multiple misfires going on. How old are your plugs, how are they gapped? Are the VCG's leaking oil into the plug wells? What does block 93 say in vcds? Put a STOCK tune on the car. At this point we need to eliminate as many possible problems as we can.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
AARDQ

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »

I agree, stock tune to troubleshoot.

Any logs or data on airflow?  Disconnect MAF and see what happens?  Looking for data points...
Surferkirsch

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »

I think at this point logs are irrelevant until the car is running better. There are no DTC's? How are you checking for codes? Running like that you must have multiple misfires going on. How old are your plugs, how are they gapped? Are the VCG's leaking oil into the plug wells? What does block 93 say in vcds? Put a STOCK tune on the car. At this point we need to eliminate as many possible problems as we can.

VCDS = VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.1
Monday, 24 December 2012, 20:48:17:58157
Control Module Part Number: 8D0 907 551 M
  Component and/or Version: 2.7l V6/5VT     G   0002
           Software Coding: 06711
            Work Shop Code: WSC 87119
                      VCID: 341B7CFE1735
No fault code found.

VCGS = nahh. I replaced alll the gaskets in the engine about 5 to 10k ago, from intake to oil pan.

I DID put on a manual boost controller, and it runs much much better with the lowered boost. 21 psi seemed a bit high for this engine. or in hkPa it was trying to push 1.60 bar, and now it loves me since i lowered it to 0.5.

For the record, im the guy who posted that mtx sucks, i cannot checksum my tunes becuase they wont offer me any support for their plugin, so basically i need to find whats going on before i can dick with the tune.

So, in about 15 minutes hopefully ill be able to upload 2 csvs one with the tune i have and one with a stock tune.

For the record. NGKs from advance. the bk7re or w.e. i cant remmeber the part number. i think they are gapped at .27 if i remember, i did them a couple weeks ago.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:56:36 PM by Surferkirsch » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 07:29:53 PM »

Did the COP boots show any signs of arcing? They tend to dry rot and arc out causing issues. The set is around 20 bucks. Take a look at the measuring blocks for misfires, report back.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Surferkirsch

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 07:36:05 PM »

Here we goo. This is the CSV for 2500 to redline, on the ABT tune. No DCTs in the Ecu on run.

Hey check it out! no more etchasketch. hahah.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:46:09 PM by Surferkirsch » Logged
Surferkirsch

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 07:40:08 PM »

Aaaand here is the CSV for the Original Tune.

DCT's after run:

VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.1
Monday, 24 December 2012, 21:26:10:58157
Control Module Part Number: 8D0 907 551 M
  Component and/or Version: 2.7l V6/5VT     G   0001
           Software Coding: 06711
            Work Shop Code: WSC 87119
                      VCID: 341B7CFE1735
6 Faults Found:
18010 -  Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
        P1602 - 35-00 -   -
17530 -  Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B2 S2: Open Circuit
        P1122 - 35-00 -   -
17526 -  Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S2: Open Circuit
        P1118 - 35-00 -   -
17522 -  Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor; B1 S2: Internal Resistance too High
        P1114 - 35-00 -   -
17548 -  Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor; B2 S2: Internal Resistance too High
        P1140 - 35-00 -   -
17963 -  Charge Pressure: Maximum Limit Exceeded
        P1555 - 35-10 -   - - Intermittent

Damnit. Didnt save the file. Ill go look at these and run it again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: