Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A little guidance..  (Read 5175 times)
fox-20v

« on: October 21, 2013, 05:43:12 AM »

Hello all, I am very new to this first off but I am trying to learn. I searched and found a mbox stage3- file like I needed. It has rear o2's deleted already however I need to tweak it and delete the egt's. I'd like to add launch control to it as well.

So heres where I get lost, when I try to open the file in tunerpro it says I need to select a xdf as well but where do I get that? Also is there a noob type walkthrough somewhere that answers all this already? Ive looked around the forum but no luck. If someone could just kind of "hold my hand" so to speak that would be awesome, Im not looking for someone to deal with my tunes for me, I want to learn. Also I was just now trying to post a link to the tune itself but copy+paste didnt work ha, so some suggestions on how to post the tunes would be cool as well, i'd like to share it once I fix it.
fox-20v

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:08:53 PM »

Alright well the trail has gotten a little hotter here. Found the xdf file provided on s4wiki, read the egt removal guide as well. However I am confused on the next part of this,

CDATR (0x18196) - Configuration byte diagnosis exhaust gas temperature regulation
CDATS (0x18197) - Configuration byte diagnosis exhaust gas temperature sensor

How do I imput the new values provided? When I click to make a change I get the sliding bar from 0-1XX. The other values for TABGSS and TABGSS2 are easy since the guide says to set to max 1229.

Am I missing a program to calculate the values or am I missing this information as well? Ive read guys saying this was a easy task and it seems so. Just not sure if I need to be looking at a x/y axis to make the change or what.
adam-

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 02:45:07 PM »

I know it's hard, I started here the other month and had no idea whatsoever.

People use different programs, but I use WinOLS because a registered version will calculate the checksums for you.  The problem is, when you change a value, you need to calculate the new checksum too, otherwise the ECU will lockout and you need to put it into boot mode.

You can get plugins to calculate your checksums for you, but since WinOLS does it for me, I've not looked into how to do it.

Note, if you search the internet, you can find yourself a copy of WinOLS... Read that line carefully.  I'm not promoting downloading copyrighted stuff, but you might..

With WinOLS, you just type in your new number (in this case, 0), since you're setting the bytes to 0 (i think)..

fox-20v

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 03:38:30 PM »

So whenever you delete something you set it to zero and update the checksums? Ill research WinOLS tonight. Doesn't Tunerpro have a checksum plugin to update as well?
littco

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 05:11:11 AM »

So whenever you delete something you set it to zero and update the checksums? Ill research WinOLS tonight. Doesn't Tunerpro have a checksum plugin to update as well?

Tuner pro checksum is from MTX electronics and is about €10.. There are 2 versions of the plugin, pre and post 2002

Every time you make a change it needs check summing before flashing..

Set variables to 0 to switch off, some might be 1 others 5 others 19, just depends...

Snow Trooper

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »

The hacked/cracked versions of winols can really bite you in the ass if you aren't careful.  I suggest buying mtx plugins for your application(s).

As to your questions, I see you are figuring it out, if you send me or post your changed file it can be looked over and checksumms corrected.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: